Overclocking on auto voltage?

Axe22

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013
Is it ok to set auto voltage after overclocking?
I clocked E5200 30%,seems stable.
Also my temperatures are also low.
mb 20
cpu 21
gpu 40
hdd 26
Can components run normally on low temps,i putted few fans on case and chipset?

Maxx_Power

Distinguished
Some of those temperatures are not accurate, if they are in degrees Celsius. The GPU and HDD temps seem okay, but the motherboard and CPU temperatures seems very low. There is no problem to operate anything in the computers at those temperatures, but I don't trust the values.

What is your ambient room temperature ?

Axe22

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013

About 25 degrees,i putted fan on chipset because it has freeze my pc in games,now is ok but temps are really low.If pc can work on low temps than is ok,I just wanted to know that .

Maxx_Power

Distinguished

Just so you know, the temperatures in the computer must be higher than the ambient temperature (so everything inside that generates heat must have temperature > 25 degrees Celsius, your ambient room temperature), as per thermodynamics. So I wouldn't trust the motherboard and cpu sensor temperatures, because they are obviously not well calibrated (not accurate). Try using CoreTemps (free download) to monitor CPU temperature, it is about as accurate as it gets for the Core 2 CPUs.

BUT, everything should work fine. Lower temperatures (to a point) are healthier for most electronics.

bebop460

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
Personally, I've found that auto voltages are the equivalent of the best possible offset voltage, but many swear that auto uses more than is necessary. It probably depends on your mobo.

For me, my i7 2600k runs at 4.5ghz 1.312 (rarely it wants 1.32) at 100% load. Ditto for offset voltage; it ran identically in offset despite hours of tinkering with voltage and llc settings and running memtest to check for memory stability. Idle voltage was also nearly identical. Manual voltage was ridiculous, wanting 1.36v to be stable.

Of course, YMMV.