Overclocking RX 570 8GB

Hey everyone. I’ll be building a new PC soon, and I had a question.

My GPU is a RX 570 8gb. I’d like to squeeze every ounce of performance out of it, and I was wondering if overclocking it was a good idea. How would I go about this, and what would be the downside?

Solution
The gain would strongly depend on which cpu you have as well as the games you play. But you would be looking at 5ish -15ish maybe more but really would depend on the game
Which model du you have?

DO you have it or planning to buy it?

It's a little more difficult to overclock recent gen AMD cards, because they are already pushed pretty hard by the manufacturer, you can still manage since overclock, but it's generally not extreme, unless you got really lucky with your chip quality

I have this one: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137256&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

It said “OC” on the box, and I already have it, however it isn’t in my system yet.

Yeah this one will not overclock much further/easy.

It's already factory overclocked as well as being clocked high before becoming OC version, and last thing working against you is that it's a budget version. You can OC it still for sure, but like I said, don't expect it to gain high numbers. Go easy on the overclock and stay the hell away from furmark, unless you want to burn out the card ASAP. Bench and test in unigene valley and/or heaven (they have continuous setting from what I remember, and if no crashes within 1hr, it's stable)

Ok! Suppose I overclock it stably, would I only gain 5-10 more frames?