Question Overclocking Ryzen 3600x. Help requested with BIOS information.

Nov 3, 2019
I am fairly new to building PCs. This is my first pc build.
Here are the specs to get this going.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600x

Asus TUF GAMING x570 plus wifi

Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600

Patriot Scorch 512gb

Powercolor Radeon 5700xt Red Dragon

windows 10, acer monitor, blah blah

I have always been interested in tweaking things. I cant leave anything along LOL.
I have had this PC for little bit and I want it to run at its full potential. I have made the RAM run at its intended speeds. Thats about as far as I have gotten. I tried messing with the BIOS to get my CPU to run at 4.2ghz. It always posts in safe mode if I go over 4.1ghz. I am asking for guidance with all the options in the bios. I can always screenshot if i need to.

Im not looking to overclock the crap out of it, just get some more noticeable performance.

Thank you for the help.

Nov 3, 2019
Reset all CPU values to default. If that's not enough for you, try to enable PBO in CPU settings. Not really any reason to overclock these processors. Especially the "X" models.

Thank you for the reply. Should i reset everything in the BIOS back to defaults? I trust you when you say I shouldnt need to overclock the X model. Can I ask why though?

Thank you for the reply. Should i reset everything in the BIOS back to defaults? I trust you when you say I shouldnt need to overclock the X model. Can I ask why though?
Enable XMP/D.O.C.P for RAM in BIOS. Ryzen 3xxx have a very good boost function that'll boost clocks higher than an stable all core overclock can achieve. The "X" versions have are a better binned chip and boost pretty much to their limits.