Question Overheating 5900X with a Lian Li Galahad 360

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pretended

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2014
For starters my rig is composed of:

Mobo Asus X570 ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI)
CPU AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
RAM Crucial Ballistix Black 2x8GB
GPU Inno3D RTX 3080 iChill x4
PSU FSP Hydro G Pro 750W 80+ Gold
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360
Case Phanteks P500A DRGB

You could easily notice that I have picked parts to get the best temperatures possible.

I was pretty relieved after initial installation of Lian Li Galahad 360. With the Phanteks case combined, these two alleviated the heat stress.

However, for the last month or two month, on seldom cases, I came across with system shutting down to see CPU Overheat message as I re-run it.

Please check the HWiNFO64 screenshot I grabbed few minutes before, after hanging around in the MENU of Call of Duty Warzone - I did not actually get in-game, mind you. I am getting stutters in-game over time, most likely from CPU getting throttled.

I got all the right parts here, I guess, to be able to use this rig without having to care about any kind of overheating. However, once again, I am in the same hellpit. My overheating problem is like a saga. It just comes back.

What do you have in mind? What could you suggest please? What I did so far were:

• Resetting PC
  • Formatting PC
  • Re-applying thermal paste
  • Downgrading BIOS to a version I remember were from "good old times"

I am so desperate guys, please help.

Pretended

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2014
Hello again,

Received a replacement unit (AIO without fans) from Lian Li in two weeks.

Below are my load temps with a Scythe Ninja 5 I had been using since removing of the faulty AIO and Lian Li Galahad 360 I've received and installed today. 22C for max temps under load is HUGE.

Thank you all who tried to help and guided me to pinpoint the root of my problem to eventually resolve it for good.

Jul 16, 2022
Hi I am running into exactly the same problem. It is very very similar. Can you please help me with how you contacted Lian-Li? I would love to know how to convinced them too.

Pretended

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2014
Hello,

I guess it all started with filling in this form on their Contact Us page:

https://lian-li.com/contact-us/?cn-reloaded=1

Convincing them took real-time videos I recorded while in BIOS (as temperature rocketed in idle) and on Windows via softwares like CoreTemp and HWinfo.

They acted very consumer-friendly throughout and if you are sure their product is failing I guess it will not be hard for them to trust your proven judgment.