[SOLVED] Overheating Problem for AMD Radeon RX 580 in new Cyberpower PC

Oct 15, 2018
Hello all,
A bit of newbie when it comes to PC hardware so bear with me please.

I built a Cyberpower PC that was delivered in August (first build had a defective GPU so had to send it back).
I've been using the system very little for the past few months but when I finally starting gaming on it consistently the PC starting shutting down due to overheating after about 30 mins. I started using 'CAM' to check my temps and saw the GPU was ranging from 80-90C when I was gaming.

Per Cyberpower's tech support advice, I moved the tower away from the wall to improve airflow and dusted the inside. While this seemed to help a bit, the GPU still is way too hot when playing graphically intensive games.

I only had the one default case fan and had Cyberpower send me a second fan which I will install but to me it sounds like there's something else going on here since all the hardware is brand new and lightly used.

Any type of advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

Relevant Specs below:

AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5 Video Card
Ryzen 7 2700X3.7GHz [4.35GHz Turbo] Eight-Core 20MB Cache 105W Processor
Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-04 Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/USB 3.0 & Side Panel Window
CS_FAN: Default case fans

MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory (ADATA XPG Z1)

MOTHERBOARD: MSI X470 GAMING PLUS AM4 ATX w/ RGB, USB 3.1, Gbt LAN, 3 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe

POWERSUPPLY: 600 Watts - Thermaltake SMART series 600Watts 80 Plus Gold high-efficient Power Supply

CyberpowerPC MasterLiquid Lite 120mm CPU Liquid Cooler with Dual Chamber Pump & Copper Cold Plate (AMD)

Solution
CyberPC huh?

CyberPC Consumer Affairs

These guys have a bad rep with their products. Most likely your GPU is defective (they probably shipped you a defective GPU the first time you had issues, but didn't start seeing probs till now)

They will most likely replace it, BUT, make sure you ask for the same GPU that came with the PC. They might try to sneak in either a similar, but cheap, GPU, or a GPU from an unknown brand. Also be sure they don't sneak a refurbished GPU also.

If you go through the complaints, you'll notice some are very similar to your issue.

RMA that GPU.

inzane4all

Upstanding
Jun 20, 2018
CyberPC huh?

CyberPC Consumer Affairs

These guys have a bad rep with their products. Most likely your GPU is defective (they probably shipped you a defective GPU the first time you had issues, but didn't start seeing probs till now)

They will most likely replace it, BUT, make sure you ask for the same GPU that came with the PC. They might try to sneak in either a similar, but cheap, GPU, or a GPU from an unknown brand. Also be sure they don't sneak a refurbished GPU also.

If you go through the complaints, you'll notice some are very similar to your issue.

RMA that GPU.

Solution