[SOLVED] Overheating RTX 3060ti

Dec 14, 2022
Hello,
Today i bought a Asus Dual mini OC V2 RTX 3060TI 8gb LHR gpu and i installed it to my pc. I runned some furmark tests and i was really confused. The card was at 85-86 degrees and the fans were at %100 speed. It felt like my gpu was taking off. Anyway i installed battlefield 2042 and i put down high settings with 100Hz. My fps was good but the cards fans was spinng for their life. The gpu was at 85 deegress and i shut my computer down. After a little reserch i did some undervolting and it helped the temputres from 85 to 70 in battlefield 2042. However when i went down to furmark the temps was again 85 deegrees mark and the fans was crazy. I know the card is in mini version and my old Saphire pulse rx6600 was seeing 85 deegress to but the fans are like taking off. I have aerocool one duo case. I bought the gpu from 2nd hand. It was in new condition. The owner didint experiance anything like that. Should i replace the termal paste. I need help asap. I am like really sad right now. Thats my first time getting a good gpu like this. If you are wondering my cpu is ryzen 5 5600. I am looking forward to hear help from everyone. Thanks.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The gpu was at 85 deegress and i shut my computer down.
Designed to shut down if sustaining 90C or higher, so this was an overreaction.

Furmark is good for nothing more than a cooling test. If it gets through that ok, then the cooler should be able to handle any title you throw at it, since no game runs like that - and temperature spikes don't count.

Your older Sapphire Pulse RX6600 can draw quite a bit less power at max than this card can: 140w V 200w.
Also, the fan speeds: 1250rpm V 2000rpm. Different fans do have different sound profiles, but 2000rpm is gonna be audible regardless...

Then what's the problem? Fan setup at the front would be my guess.
Both gpus have the cooler that exhausts used air towards the front and back of the case. Front case fans fighting with the cooler's front exhaust.
These coolers likely do better in cases that have optional side ventilation, like Corsair's 5000D. A case that's deeper(front to back) may also be an improvement.

Dec 14, 2022
Designed to shut down if sustaining 90C or higher, so this was an overreaction.

Furmark is good for nothing more than a cooling test. If it gets through that ok, then the cooler should be able to handle any title you throw at it, since no game runs like that - and temperature spikes don't count.

Your older Sapphire Pulse RX6600 can draw quite a bit less power at max than this card can: 140w V 200w.
Also, the fan speeds: 1250rpm V 2000rpm. Different fans do have different sound profiles, but 2000rpm is gonna be audible regardless...

Then what's the problem? Fan setup at the front would be my guess.
Both gpus have the cooler that exhausts used air towards the front and back of the case. Front case fans fighting with the cooler's front exhaust.
These coolers likely do better in cases that have optional side ventilation, like Corsair's 5000D. A case that's deeper(front to back) may also be an improvement.
Hi. Thank you for your reply. I had a question on my mind to be honest. While playing cyberpunk(High settings+Dlss+Rtx Medium) with undervolt i noticed that it gets upto 82 degrees. I think it is normal for a small gpu like this. Will it cause any harm? Also will replacing thermal paste help me with my temps? Thank you.

Dec 14, 2022
Running a 3080 ti at 85c does not sound like a problem to me. It's a very power Hungry card. As for the noise, I would recommend better case airflow if possible to avoid high rpms on the gpu.......
Its 3060ti not 3080ti. Also thank you for recommendation. Can you reccomend me undervolt settings with msi afterburner?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Hi. Thank you for your reply. I had a question on my mind to be honest. While playing cyberpunk(High settings+Dlss+Rtx Medium) with undervolt i noticed that it gets upto 82 degrees. I think it is normal for a small gpu like this. Will it cause any harm? Also will replacing thermal paste help me with my temps? Thank you.
Also can you reccomend me Undervolt settings?
Got nothing to do with cooler size. Even larger coolers can suck.
Gotta sustain high temperatures for it to be considered harmful - spikes don't count. Many times there's an inquiry about operating thermals, the OPs never clarify on that, and more often than not, they're looking at spikes.
Paste only does so much. If it's doing its job, changing it will do nothing or make things worse. Bad paste would've still yielded high gpu core or hot spot thermals with the UV.
I don't recommend undervolt at all - at least on Nvidia gpus. Use the power limit instead. Check the guide in my sig - there's a TL;DR at the bottom too.

2 different gpus, with the Geforce drawing a fair bit more power than the other, they use the same type of cooler, but both get into the 80s...
Airflow.

TRENDING THREADS