[SOLVED] Overheating Ryzen 5 3600

Sep 11, 2022
I have been running into an issue for the past two months where my CPU is overheating. I first noticed the problem when I was playing Hearts of Iron IV which isn't a very demanding game (CPU or GPU-wise). The computer gave an error saying it had hit 101 degrees Celsius. This was back when I was still using the stock iBuyPower liquid cooling system it came with when I bought it 2 years ago. Even when I initially powered it on it would idle at 60 degrees. I thought maybe my pump was going out so I purchased a Corsair H100x but even after installing this the problem is still happening. It looks to be seated right and all fans are working.

I am monitoring the temp using CoreTemp and the BIOS. In case it comes up I have an ASUS Prime X470-PRO motherboard. I am looking for some guidance on what could be wrong.

Solution
For anyone that comes across this, I was able to fix the issue and my CPU is at 31 degrees while idle and 70 while gaming at the most. I noticed that one of the sockets for my pump in this case an AMD4 socket was not tightened fully. I definitely should have double-checked the hardware. Thank you for the response nevertheless CountMike.
I have been running into an issue for the past two months where my CPU is overheating. I first noticed the problem when I was playing Hearts of Iron IV which isn't a very demanding game (CPU or GPU-wise). The computer gave an error saying it had hit 101 degrees Celsius. This was back when I was still using the stock iBuyPower liquid cooling system it came with when I bought it 2 years ago. Even when I initially powered it on it would idle at 60 degrees. I thought maybe my pump was going out so I purchased a Corsair H100x but even after installing this the problem is still happening. It looks to be seated right and all fans are working.

I am monitoring the temp using CoreTemp and the BIOS. In case it comes up I have an ASUS Prime X470-PRO motherboard. I am looking for some guidance on what could be wrong.
How did you connect pump and radiator fans ? Can you see and check if pump is running ?

Sep 11, 2022
How did you connect pump and radiator fans ? Can you see and check if pump is running ?

I connected the pump via SATA power cable to the power supply. The fans are plugged into the 4-pin ports that the previous fans were plugged into. The only reason I know the pump is on is that it lights up when it has power.

Sep 11, 2022
For anyone that comes across this, I was able to fix the issue and my CPU is at 31 degrees while idle and 70 while gaming at the most. I noticed that one of the sockets for my pump in this case an AMD4 socket was not tightened fully. I definitely should have double-checked the hardware. Thank you for the response nevertheless CountMike.

Solution