Overheating with new thermal paste

Daytona Beach

Prominent
Aug 3, 2017
So my computer didn't want to let me install Windows 10 with my new CPU for some stupid reason so I put my old one back in to install 10 and then put my new CPU in and it didn't start. So I placed my old CPU back in and reverted to 7. Then reinstalled my new CPU, anyways, now the computer randomly shuts off when I start one of my games. It'll run for about a minute then shut off, no warning message when it restarts such as "PC shut down due to CPU overheating". Nothing, starts up like nothing happened. All but 2 of my PC parts are new and have been working just fine for almost a month now so its not the PSU going out or anything like that. All wires are plugged in, all fans are working, there's 4 in my case if you include the PSU fan and GPU fan. Only stock parts are the motherboard and RAM. It was running at 50-55 degrees Celsius before I took it out, running RBS Siege on max, now it runs 75-80 degrees Celsius while running Cinebench. Any ideas why? Yes the right amount of paste is on the CPU and the CPU fan is mounted properly. I made sure of it and I always put the same amount on the CPU. (I used the dot method)

EDIT: Ran Cinebench again, came out with 305cb, CPU heated to 78c max but came back down to 50c after the test was done. I do not know what my CPU was running while playing games before I took it out.