Oct 4, 2019
Hi All,

New to PC gaming..
My current set up is:
Ryzen 7 3700x
Zotac RTX 2060Super AMP 8gb
Asus Tufx570 plus wifi
2 x 8gb 3200mhz

After playing around with in game settings, I can only achieve 130fps.. I have had a look at recommended settings for higher fps but no change..

what is going wrong? I have heard people get 300+

what other settings do I need to configure?

Solution
Hi All,

New to PC gaming..
My current set up is:
Ryzen 7 3700x
Asus Tufx570 plus wifi
2 x 8gb 3200mhz

After playing around with in game settings, I can only achieve 130fps.. I have had a look at recommended settings for higher fps but no change..

getting 300fps on a 120hz monitor is practically useless. besides you wont notice a difference between for example 120/144fps vs 300fps and im pretty sure about that. also are you on 1080p? or 1440p? theres alot of factors.

overwatch is also a CPU reliant game and in most cases intel tends to be good at games like Overwatch for the raw speed it offers, also...
Oct 4, 2019
There isn't enough information here to know your problem.
  1. What's your monitor's resolution/refresh rate
  2. Are you sure your resolution is the same as the people getting 300 fps
  3. Are you sure your specs are the same as the people getting 300 fps

Hi sorry for the lack of information.

1. Monitor 120mhz / 1ms
  2. Can not confirm this
  3. From certain posts it appears that my specs should outdo this FPS (if this makes sense, sorry I am a complete noob)

Also here is my latest benchmark results https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/20924215

Shows that the RAM is performing below expectations. Not had this problem before on benchmark.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Well if it's better specs and lower resolution of course it will get a much higher framerate.
Before you draw conclusions to how your build is performing compared to others, make sure the specs are the same or similar, the settings are the same, and most of all, the resolution is the same.

According to your benchmark you're actually performing higher than average in your spec category.

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016
Hi All,

New to PC gaming..
My current set up is:
Ryzen 7 3700x
Asus Tufx570 plus wifi
2 x 8gb 3200mhz

getting 300fps on a 120hz monitor is practically useless. besides you wont notice a difference between for example 120/144fps vs 300fps and im pretty sure about that. also are you on 1080p? or 1440p? theres alot of factors.

overwatch is also a CPU reliant game and in most cases intel tends to be good at games like Overwatch for the raw speed it offers, also some people tend to run at a lower graphical setting in e-sports type of games to avoid visual clutter. but yea i wouldnt worry, besides your monitor can only do 120hz so its really pointless reaching 300fps

Solution
Oct 4, 2019

overwatch is also a CPU reliant game and in most cases intel tends to be good at games like Overwatch for the raw speed it offers, also some people tend to run at a lower graphical setting in e-sports type of games to avoid visual clutter. but yea i wouldnt worry, besides your monitor can only do 120hz so its really pointless reaching 300fps
Hi Thanks for your response.

I believe I am running this on 1440p. My main concern was that maybe my GPU was not working properly.

All my settings have been set to low to avoid visual clutter. In regards to CPU I chose Ryzen 7 due to the reveiws and benchmark tests so hopefully this should be just as good as Intel (correct me if I am wrong as im still just a beginner in this lol)

I guess I will just leave it to 130fps and enjoy the game.

Thanks

j3ster

Reputable
May 23, 2016
Hi Thanks for your response.

I believe I am running this on 1440p. My main concern was that maybe my GPU was not working properly.

All my settings have been set to low to avoid visual clutter. In regards to CPU I chose Ryzen 7 due to the reveiws and benchmark tests so hopefully this should be just as good as Intel (correct me if I am wrong as im still just a beginner in this lol)

I guess I will just leave it to 130fps and enjoy the game.

Thanks

if you are able, buy synthetic benchmarks like 3Dmark and do gpu only runs and compare your score vs. other 2060 super users. that would be your best bet to remove any doubts/worries regarding the performance of your gpu or even cpu.

You would probably encounter some tearing if you do something like that as well.

Also yeah synthetic benchmarks would definitely be better for judging system performance, as they are more consistent for each case, where games may be a lot different because different areas will cause different loads on a system.