OWC Has First Fully Mac & PC Supported Bootable PCIe SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgingeri

Distinguished
It'd be cheaper to get an enterprise level raid controller with 512MB of cache and a couple regular SSDs, and get more available ports, and probably better performance.

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
saw this on another site, looks promising, but this technology is still in its infancy.
still I like to watch this technology mature.

halcyon

Splendid
Nice. One of these may find a way into my 2010 Mac Pro and replace the 2 x 120GB Vertex2's in software RAID 0. Needed? No, I'll check, but pretty sure...no...not needed. ...but it my get me slightly closer to getting things done yesterday.

kaisellgren

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2007
Nice to see bootable PCI-E SSDs. We are pretty much limited by SATA 3 at this point, so with PCI-E we can pass that limit... at least to some extent. :)

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]dgingeri[/nom]It'd be cheaper to get an enterprise level raid controller with 512MB of cache and a couple regular SSDs, and get more available ports, and probably better performance.[/citation]

not by much, if at all cheaper, at those price points.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]amdfreak[/nom]Would be great if OWC would be the first to introduce the hardware support for RAID over PCI-E SSDs[/citation]
I don't follow. OCZ's RevoDrives have hardware RAID 0...or did I misunderstand what you're posting?

Status
Not open for further replies.