P4PE processor support

I have a P4PE motherboard. What is the fastest CPU it can support? Can it
support prescott CPU?

Try the CPU support list at support.asus.com.

I'm not familiar with P4 steppings, but I don't see any "E" suffixes that
suggest that it would support a Prescott CPU.

The fastest CPU listed is a 3.2 GHz Extreme Edition version. The link to the
"limitation" does not work, but I recall that it was to a single PC3200
DIMM. (The 845PE chipset wasn't intended by Intel for 800 MHz processors,
but Asus permits you to use one with BIOS 1006 or later.) The 3.06 GHz (533
MHz) CPU needs mainboard revision 1.02 or later.

"Dave H" <mstarcom@yah00.com> wrote in message
>I have a P4PE motherboard. What is the fastest CPU it can support? Can it
> support prescott CPU?

it supports 533 proc, it will, however, runn an 800 proc, but it is a
"limitation". As the other person answered, you need to use a single
400mhz ddr dimm to run 400mhz proc.
As per Asus web-site: 512 cache cpu's only...
Prescott is not supported...
Regards,
http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 05:33:10 GMT, timmy <bs@aol.com> wrote:

>it supports 533 proc, it will, however, runn an 800 proc, but it is a
>"limitation". As the other person answered, you need to use a single
>400mhz ddr dimm to run 400mhz proc.

sorry, thats an "800" mhz proc...