P67 vs. H67

rancineb

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2012
I'm starting to plan my next build and trying to get educated on all the newest technologies. I've decided to go with an Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge processor. Next I'm researching on the various motherboards available. Obviously it needs to be LGA 1155 socket. Now I'm trying to determine what type of board I should get (P67 or H67). Any advice on which one would be best for my usage?

I'm looking to build a PC that would be used for photo/video editing and some gaming. I don't think I'll get multiple graphic cards, but would like to have the option if I do decide to boast my power. Any thoughts? Let me know if you need more information on my usage.

Solution
Z68 has both the features of the P67 and H67 IIRC. The main difference between the Z68 and H67 is the ability to use integrated graphics from CPUs, but the advantage is null if you get a dedicated GPU.

Spartoi

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
Z68 has both the features of the P67 and H67 IIRC. The main difference between the Z68 and H67 is the ability to use integrated graphics from CPUs, but the advantage is null if you get a dedicated GPU.

Solution