P8P67 EVO BSOD - 0x124

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mistaninja

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
I setup a new computer with an Asus P8P67 EVO motherboard and a 2600K sandy bridge CPU and have been getting BSODS randomly. As far as I can tell it's either a hardware issue or a voltage issue. I thought it may be something with the "auto overclock" feature my motherboard comes with, so I cleared my CMOS and went into bios and loaded the optimal settings.

I ran MEMTEST last night for 6 hours with 3 passes and no memory errors, so I'm going to rull that out. My CPU/Motherboard/SSD are new. I've used my video cards in my previous setup and didn't have any problems. Today with the three BDOD's I got I took each video card and tested each separately. The likeliness that both video cards are trash are low, so I will rule that out. My PSU was tested in my old computer, and it ran perfectly fine for 3 weeks I had it before setting this one up.

Computer Specs:
Intel 2600k
Asus P8P67 evo rev 3
16 G SKill DDR3
2x 460 SLI
C300 256 GB SSD (Latest firmware)
XFX 850W PSU

The following is the BSOD I get:
*** STOP: 0x00000124
Physical memory dump failed with status 0xC000009C.

errorxg.png

My thoughts are that it could either be the motherboard, the CPU, the SSD hd or the configuration of AI SUITE. Any help would be appreciated.

Solution

So, dropping down to a single GPU makes no difference, right?

The HDD can be checked by enabling SMART in the BIOS and then checking the report. That one is easy.

You really aren't likely to have a driver issue at this point and hw is the most likely problem. CPUs are less likely to fail unless they are OCed to death. Mobos are much more likely to fail than CPUs.

So if all else tests good, you are down to the CPU and the mobo. Mobo is the more likely of the 2.

mistaninja

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
Single GPU makes no difference. Tried it with both PSU's and I still got random 0x124 errors.

I've already ordered a new mobo, but I just want to be for certain that it is not my HDD. I'll try SMART right now.