Question P8Z77-V is it RGB compatible??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodtech

Commendable
Feb 25, 2019
I have a P8Z77-V motherboard and I want to grab a new case with RGB fans, but I have no clue if this old motherboard supports them or if I need a certain fan controller?

If anyone can help me it would be of great help!

Bloodtech

Commendable
Feb 25, 2019
A fan is a fan.... when it is RGB it has only added led lights, it's just normal fan no need to be worried about compatibility.

That I understand, but what I am trying to find out is if, the single 4 pin fan header can control any rgb fans or if i can at all.

I assume I am gonna need a fan splitter/hub or something, or do cases come with them?

Fan operation doesn't depend on RGB.
So - fans will spin, but will not light up without RGB controller.

There are no RGB connectors onboard. To control RGB on your fans, you'll need RGB controller.

The case you're getting might have RGB controller built in. What model case is it?

Bloodtech

Commendable
Feb 25, 2019
Fan operation doesn't depend on RGB.
So - fans will spin, but will not light up without RGB controller.

There are no RGB connectors onboard. To control RGB on your fans, you'll need RGB controller.

The case you're getting might have RGB controller built in. What model case is it?

I figured as much with the fans being able to operate.
But as I have never used rgb fans and with the motherboard being so old, wasn't sure how it would work.

And was thinking of this: https://www.scan.co.uk/products/cit...ass-windows-atx-microatx-mini-itx-4x-120mm-rg

It has rgb controller and remote. So you can control rgb with it (but not via software).

61P8aW%2BiZnL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Not really correct you need to be able the change the RGB colors.

Nope, that's not how i get the question... i thought he was wondering if the fan would light up (there are fans that are colorful and need only power), and besides RGB is never some sort of an issue. I'm writing back because i thought there was a real issue and worry about something important.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Nope, that's not how i get the question... i thought he was wondering if the fan would light up (there are fans that are colorful and need only power), and besides RGB is never some sort of an issue. I'm writing back because i thought there was a real issue and worry about something important.
Their no RGB connectors on the board so without knowing the fans had a remote or used a USB their were no way your answer was correct. You have to connect the RGB power for the fans to even light up.

Bloodtech

Commendable
Feb 25, 2019
Their no RGB connectors on the board so without knowing the fans had a remote or used a USB their were no way your answer was correct. You have to connect the RGB power for the fans to even light up.
You are correct, sorry about the phrasing of my question, I was wondering how they would light up and be controlled.
As my board has only one "1 x Optional Fan connector" so I was curious if that was the rgb controller or if it was juts some older fan header that wouldn't be able to control the colours. or how I would connect/control mulitple rbg fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.