Question Packet loss on multiple games

NEOCROM

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2013
For some time, past months, keep having packet loss, even latency, on games like BF 2042, Rainbow Six Siege, in many multiplayer games, but not all.
There is an alt+tab issue too, when i do that, like watching youtube till game loads, i experience latency after a time, even freezes
Is there a way to fix this problems?

kanewolf

Titan
For some time, past months, keep having packet loss, even latency, on games like BF 2042, Rainbow Six Siege, in many multiplayer games, but not all.
There is an alt+tab issue too, when i do that, like watching youtube till game loads, i experience latency after a time, even freezes
Is there a way to fix this problems?
Start by providing a list of make and model of all your hardware.
Also what network hardware you are using (router, WIFI extender, whatever). Are you using a wired or wireless connection to your router? If wireless have you tried a long ethernet cable ?

NEOCROM

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2013
Start by providing a list of make and model of all your hardware.
Also what network hardware you are using (router, WIFI extender, whatever). Are you using a wired or wireless connection to your router? If wireless have you tried a long ethernet cable ?
CPU I5 4690k
GPU GTX 1070
16GB RAM DDR3
ASRock Z97 Motherboard
Windows 10
Games are on Samsung SSD 1TB. Network is on wired router.

NEOCROM

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2013
I don't know. You didn't provide the command you used to ping.
You also need to open a CMD.exe window and run ipconfig.exe /all Post the output of that.
The address you should ping is the gateway address listed in the ipconfig results.
Default gateway ip? Then it's 0% loss.
But it says, time<1ms TTL=64 and Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

kanewolf

Titan
Default gateway ip? Then it's 0% loss.
But it says, time<1ms TTL=64 and Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms
By not "showing your work", you are making it more difficult.
It doesn't sound like you are doing a continuous ping. The "-t" option on ping will allow the command to run until you hit "Ctrl-C" Just a few pings is insufficient data.
If the link to your router is stable, then you can try a continuous ping to 8.8.8.8 That will show if there is any general packet loss from your ISP.