Packet loss starting around 2 weeks ago. Only occurs when on wifi.

dutatt

Prominent
Jul 22, 2017
Exactly what I said. I was playing Rainbow 6 siege around 2 weeks ago and noticed that everybody was teleporting every 5-10 seconds. It returned to normal after about 5 seconds of everybody teleporting. Additionally, rainbow 6 siege gives you a little icon on the top right of your screen if you are experiencing packet loss. Thats how I figured it out in the first place. At first, I thought it was only my home wifi getting affected, but the same thing happened when I tried to play games over at my friends house (without an ethernet cable). So now knowing that it is something to do with my gaming laptop, I decided to reinstall drivers. No luck there though. Currently, I game on ethernet since I dont experience packet loss there. I use a Gigabyte Aero 15x v8. It served me extremely well until now.

ps. I checked my windows 10 updates and nothing internet related was updated for the past 2-3 weeks.

I would still load the driver from the manufacture site or the chipset vendor. Make sure you have the option off that allows microsoft to update drivers. I am so tired of microsoft breaking stuff to fix all the so called security exposures in software features like xbox that I have disabled.

Still if you have the option of ethernet even if it is inconvenient I would use it. Wifi and games can be very frustrating at times even when it is mostly working correctly.

dutatt

Prominent
Jul 22, 2017

I'm currently on windows 10 build 1803. I don't know how to update my bios but I just reinstalled my wlan drivers using the ones uploaded onto the laptop manufacturer's website