[SOLVED] Packing up my pc for moving

HRH-Mononoke

Prominent
Jul 30, 2019
Okay so i don't have any of the bubble wrap or anti static plastic that i could use to stuff my pc up and my question is can i use toilet paper or cardboard to fill it up?

USAFRet

Titan
Okay so i don't have any of the bubble wrap or anti static plastic that i could use to stuff my pc up and my question is can i use toilet paper or cardboard to fill it up?
Fill it up?
On the inside?

No.

Toilet paper would be worse than nothing. It WILL leave lint and fibers behind. And it will NOT stabilize anything.
Movement would happen on a millimeter scale. You can't pack anything tight enough to prevent movement on that scale.

How are you moving this? PCs are shipped all over the world, every day, with no magic packing inside the case.

HRH-Mononoke

Prominent
Jul 30, 2019
Fill it up?
On the inside?

No.

Toilet paper would be worse than nothing. It WILL leave lint and fibers behind. And it will NOT stabilize anything.
Movement would happen on a millimeter scale. You can't pack anything tight enough to prevent movement on that scale.

How are you moving this? PCs are shipped all over the world, every day, with no magic packing inside the case.
its going in a car with me

Reactions: Dj0gany
its going in a car with me
Unless you are riding on rocks the whole trip, you dont need any extra packaging.
Make sure it doesnt fall ofcourse.
How big are the components inside?
If it is light or has small components inside of it you dont need any extra safe packaging,if not any actually.
Send a pic of the system.
Post it on imgur,copy/paste the link here so we can see how you packed it.

HRH-Mononoke

Prominent
Jul 30, 2019
Unless you are riding on rocks the whole trip, you dont need any extra packaging.
Make sure it doesnt fall ofcourse.
How big are the components inside?
If it is light or has small components inside of it you dont need any extra safe packaging,if not any actually.
Send a pic of the system.
Post it on imgur,copy/paste the link here so we can see how you packed it.
https://ibb.co/x8DhQN3 here i couldn't do it on imgur cause im on phone and didn't let me do it (imgbb link)