[SOLVED] Page fault type error while running memtest86+

gr8-1

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
Hello, just earlier while running memtest86+, it encountered the following issue near the start of the 3rd test.

Should this point to a cpu related, or RAM related issue? The test was running using 2x 4gb gskill ram sticks at ddr3-1866 each. Despite the prompt to press any key to reboot, the PC was infact frozen, and I was unable to reboot despite pressing any key, and I had to force restart the PC in the end.

Also for what its worth, the CPU and memory sticks were never overclocked, and are at stock.

po4f1kTXj

Hello, just earlier while running memtest86+, it encountered the following issue near the start of the 3rd test.

Should this point to a cpu related, or RAM related issue? The test was running using 2x 4gb gskill ram sticks at ddr3-1866 each. Despite the prompt to press any key to reboot, the PC was infact frozen, and I was unable to reboot despite pressing any key, and I had to force restart the PC in the end.

Also for what its worth, the CPU and memory sticks were never overclocked, and are at stock.

po4f1kTXj
Try bringing the ram down to stock speed for the 2700k.