Question Pairing bluetooth transmitter ?

Jul 6, 2022
Hi guys,
I recently purchased a bluetooth transmitter BTI-029
I'm having issues pairing it to my computer. I'm currently hoping to use it to send audio through to my PC from my Quest 2. However the transmitter is not showing up when looking for devices in the windows 10 bluetooth settings.
I am able to pair it to my airpods, but with my pc, galaxy s9 and iphone 13 mini, they cannot find the device at all.
If I change the transmitter to receiver mode then the bluetooth on my pc picks it up, its just when trying to transmit that it doesn't work.

Does anyone have any ideas about any work arounds for this?

Jul 6, 2022
Hello, thanks for your reply!
Unfortunately I already have tried using that app but you need to pre-pair the device before using it.
I've been searching for hours and it doesn't seem like there is anything about connecting transmitters to PC's, only mobile devices

hmmm you sure you read manuals?
oculus -> cable to BTI-029 in RX mode -> bluetooth A2DP -> your PC
oculus -> BT to BTI-029 in TX mode -> cable your PC mic/line input

that transmitter takes one non bluetooth signal and sends it to bluetooth speakers (RX mode)
or it it receives bluetooth signal and sends it over cable to a non bluetooth speakers (TX mode)

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2022
Did my best reading the manual in it's broken english haha.
My current setup is
Oculus -> Aux cable -> BTI029 in TX mode -> can't connect to PC's computer

TX mode is the transmitter mode which i'm trying to do.
My PC can connect while in RX mode, but this is the opposite to what i'm trying to do as it sends the PC's audio rather than receiving the Oculus audio.

Kinda seems like my only option is to purchase another BTI-029 and have that as a reciever which then plugs into my PC's audio.

Found others having similar issue with mine but with a tv rather than Oculus and seems like they weren't able to solve it TT
https://superuser.com/questions/169...ansmitter-as-an-audio-line-in-on-a-windows-pc

YFbDVFZ.png

that looks to be correct, what bluetooth device are you using?

Jul 6, 2022
Your example of TX is what i'm wanting to do.
PC without bluetooth being the Oculus and the Bluetooth Speaker being my PC.

If I connect to the PC with RX mode, it just sends my PC audio to the device. I plugged my headphones into the device and can hear my computer audio, so its the wrong way around.

Last edited:
Your example of TX is what i'm wanting to do.
PC without bluetooth being the Oculus and the Bluetooth Speaker being my PC.

If I connect to the PC with RX mode, it just sends my PC audio to the device. I plugged my headphones into the device and can hear my computer audio, so its the wrong way around.
well then, you need bluetooth dongle with A2DP support
or maybe youre just missing drivers, which one you have?

Jul 6, 2022
My bluetooth is the one that comes with my motherboard, B550 Vision D which is Bluetooth 5.
The windows bluetooth audio receiver app works fine when I pair my iphone to my PC. Even the Oculus bluetooth can connect to my PC, but with like 1 to 2 second delay.
Only thing that can't be found is this transmitter when in TX mode.

My bluetooth is the one that comes with my motherboard, B550 Vision D which is Bluetooth 5.
The windows bluetooth audio receiver app works fine when I pair my iphone to my PC. Even the Oculus bluetooth can connect to my PC, but with like 1 to 2 second delay.
Only thing that can't be found is this transmitter when in TX mode.
that should be intel AX200, which has A2DP for sure, try updating bluetooth drivers
https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...-bluetooth-for-windows-10-and-windows-11.html

Jul 6, 2022
No luck with that unfortunately. Thank you for trying to help me out.
I wondering if it's just something weird with the transmitter and the way it needs to pair

No luck with that unfortunately. Thank you for trying to help me out.
I wondering if it's just something weird with the transmitter and the way it needs to pair
i just tryied with few devices, and all of them sent request to my pc that it wants to pair up with me
event viewer shows just devices paired, nothing unusual
device manager shows just avrcp being used, but your device needs a2dp
lemme google a bit

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2022
oh is there a way for my pc to go into a pairing mode like airpods? where it just automatically pairs with something else in a pairing mode?
Currently when I go to add a device, its mostly just unknown device, I clicked on a few of them and I think i connected to the neighbours tv haha

Jul 6, 2022
@darkap

And I will ask about the cables being used? Are all of the cables involved cables that came with RX and TX?

When it comes to audio related problems and issues I always wonder about TRS (Tip, Ring, Sleeve).

FYI:

https://www.cablechick.com.au/blog/understanding-trrs-and-audio-jacks/

Perhaps some mismatched connection.
Hello,

Yes i'm just using the cable that came with the transmitter/receiver.
It does seem like it is a issue to how kerberos says, and it is only looking for a certain bluetooth device to pair to. The transmitter works perfectly with bluetooth speakers and headsets, as I just hold down the pair button and they just find each other no problem. Seems like the issue is pairing it to devices where I have to manually select what device to connect to as the transmitter/receiver doesn't appear in the discovered devices (except in RX mode, but that is the opposite of what I'm trying to do).

I have done some more looking around and it seems like it may be possible to use linux to fake being a bluetooth speaker and try connect that way. Though im currently having issues getting bluetooth to work on a virtual machine. I'm kinda thinking there may there some latency issues with a virtual machine, but kinda experimenting at this stage to see if anything can find the device.
Worst case scenario is I buy another of the same device to act as the receiver. Unfortunately they are quite expensive in NZ 😥

Jul 6, 2022
I was able to get in contact with one of the support team of the device.
Even they were unable to connect it to a PC. They were saying that most likely the protocol that the a pc uses isn't allowing it to act as a receiver for this transmitter.

So I ended up just buying a separate one to act as a receiver and have been able to get it to work fine that way.