Question Pairing RTX 4070 with Ryzen 5 5600 ?

Gamdjdj

Honorable
Jul 23, 2017
Hey, I have paired RTX 4070 with Ryzen 5 5600. I wanted to ask if that can cause a bottleneck? I have tried Cyberpunk 2077 and my FPS is less than the benchmarks. The benchmark that I saw had almost the same specifications as mine, but they were using Ryzen 5 5600X instead. Can this CPU difference cause this much difference in FPS? Could it be because I'm using a single stick of RAM or it's happening because there's a problem in my card? Help me fix it if you can.

IDProG

Distinguished
Hey, I have paired RTX 4070 with Ryzen 5 5600. I wanted to ask if that can cause a bottleneck? I have tried Cyberpunk 2077 and my FPS is less than the benchmarks. The benchmark that I saw had almost the same specifications as mine, but they were using Ryzen 5 5600X instead. Can this CPU difference cause this much difference in FPS? Could it be because I'm using a single slot RAM or it's happening because there's a problem in my card? Help me fix it if you can.
99% sure it's because of the single stick of RAM.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

Gamdjdj

Honorable
Jul 23, 2017
Why my PC struggles to get me 40+ FPS in Cyberpunk? On YouTube I have seen people with same card giving 80+FPS

I am getting 40-60FPS in Cyberpunk 2077 whole on benchmarks people are running it on over 80-90FPS, is it because of RAM too?
As others have pointed out, this is single/dual channel issue. The uplift from going to 2 x DIMMs, can be up to 25%. Sometimes more, depending on the application.

Also, as @ohio_buckeye mentioned, ram is so cheap now, getting a 2 x 16gb kit with 3600mhz ram cost way less than $100. Do not get another stick of 16gb and add it. This could cause further issues. Buy a matched kit, and sell your current ram to offset the cost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flayed