[SOLVED] Pairing up new and old gpu

Dec 3, 2021
I just changed from Nvidia to Amd and am pondering if i can
pair up my rx 6600 to an amd r7 360 that i found lying in my room.

If its possible, what do i need?

Solution
To split the tasks between the two?
So i have no way to use them so they both run in the same system?
The only way to "split" the load between multiple GPUs is if the "load" supports explicit multi-GPU, which is almost no software whatsoever.

Windows itself doesn't support multi-GPU beyond IGP for "power saving" and whichever extra GPU it picked as the default "performance" GPU. Windows will happily install drivers for more GPUs but you won't be able to use any of them unless your application/game allows you to pick which GPU(s) to use. I found that out myself a few weeks ago when a friend of mine lent me a "dead" RX580 that still worked fine as a secondary GPU, just couldn't boot from it due to a corrupt vBIOS which I managed to...

InvalidError

Titan
To split the tasks between the two?
So i have no way to use them so they both run in the same system?
The only way to "split" the load between multiple GPUs is if the "load" supports explicit multi-GPU, which is almost no software whatsoever.

Windows itself doesn't support multi-GPU beyond IGP for "power saving" and whichever extra GPU it picked as the default "performance" GPU. Windows will happily install drivers for more GPUs but you won't be able to use any of them unless your application/game allows you to pick which GPU(s) to use. I found that out myself a few weeks ago when a friend of mine lent me a "dead" RX580 that still worked fine as a secondary GPU, just couldn't boot from it due to a corrupt vBIOS which I managed to fix by re-flashing.

Solution