Palit and PC Partner Overtake Asus in Graphics Card Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyan1d3

Distinguished
May 25, 2012
Estix, Gainward is a high end video card producer, if they were available in North America, I would likely have one in my system. I suspect a large portion of Palit's cards are sold overseas and not in North America.

mapesdhs

Distinguished

I have quite a few Palit cards, don't knock 'em, they're pretty good. Ditto Gainward.

One of the better GTX 460s was the Palit Sonic Platinum (800MHz) which still sells for a good
amount on eBay, and it oc's nicely. Three of them are rather impressive for CUDA too.

Ian.

Palit has gained a lot of trust from people with their Sonic and Sonic Platinum versions of GTX4xx and GTX5xx. They took a lot of good reviews. If you remember one of the first non-reference GTX680 was the Palit's Jetstream that got a lot of good reviews too. And generally the Jetstream series (succesor of Sonic Platinum series I guess) of GTX6xx were overall very good products. In the end it does suprise me a little to see Palit overtaking Asus, but it was not surprise to see that their products had a large market share.

faster23rd

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
Palit, at least on my country, shares the lion's share of green cards in the market. Sure, Asus and other manufacturers retain some market share and have pretty beastly cards, but their prices are premium to what Palit offers. I guess attractive pricing and competitive build quality is Palit's edge 'round these parts.

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
Years later, I still find it amusing that not long after my prodding Palit's representative (PalitUSA) right here on the TH forums, Palit changed its North American warranty terms from 1-year to 2-years in order to better compete with all rival brands already established here. Yet, here it is a few years later, and ASUS, MSI, and Gigabyte STILL offer longer 3-year warranties on their products.

I'll never forget the words of PalitUSA: "Lifetime warranty is a gimmick."

G

Small surprise considering Asus always has the most expensive solutions. I would personally stick to MSI and Sapphire when it comes to AMD cards because of good price and quality. Palit and Zotac are among the cheapest available solutions where I live, yet they don't seem to be bad quality.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
makes sense asus has been diversifying alot and while i am sure they have just as many people in the graphics card dept and in my opinion their direct cu coolign is still the best design they are probably spreading marketing dollars to move and expand tablets/smartphones, modems, routers, pc/all in ones they have been doing cool things but you can't stay razer focused on core pc component sales then doing that much expantion

CrArC

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006

I can believe it. My Sonic Platinum 460 was an absolute beast. Small, powerful, never had any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.