Question Panasonic TC-P50ST30 wont show image from shop cameras

Nov 17, 2022
We have cameras setup throughout the shop currently connected (through their hub) via HDMI to a 42" Samsung in my office. Outside the office is the 50" Panasonic. No matter what I do, the same HDMI cable that went to the Samsung results in "no signal" on the Panasonic. Tried all 3 HDMI ports- all work for the current cable box connected to it but each HDMI port results in "no signal" from the camera routing box. Tried two other cables just for <Mod Edit> and giggles with the same (non) results.

Last edited by a moderator:

kanewolf

Titan
We have cameras setup throughout the shop currently connected (through their hub) via HDMI to a 42" Samsung in my office. Outside the office is the 50" Panasonic. No matter what I do, the same HDMI cable that went to the Samsung results in "no signal" on the Panasonic. Tried all 3 HDMI ports- all work for the current cable box connected to it but each HDMI port results in "no signal" from the camera routing box. Tried two other cables just for <Mod Edit> and giggles with the same (non) results.
First guess is an unsupported output resolution. Is the output of the camera "hub" adjustable? Maybe start with a basic 720P output.

Reactions: trm0002
Nov 17, 2022
First guess is an unsupported output resolution. Is the output of the camera "hub" adjustable? Maybe start with a basic 720P output.

Bingo. Dropped the resolution down a couple notches on the hub ( once we figured out how, lol ) and we're good to go. The Panasonic is only 1080i Thanks for your input.

kanewolf

Titan
Bingo. Dropped the resolution down a couple notches on the hub ( once we figured out how, lol ) and we're good to go. Thanks for your input.
NP. You may still be unhappy with the lower resolution. If you post the model of both TVs, I will see if I can find specs that will help you determine an optimum. It may be the case that the Panasonic just needs to be replaced with a higher quality display.