Jabberwocky

Mad deckbuilding for extended at its best:

Say I play Panoptic Mirror. Do I imprint straight away, or whenever I want?
It is worded differently from Scepter which specifically states CiP. Cos if
it's whenever, pretty nice with time walk...

--
Clansdell
Good God, He's Lansdellicious!

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 04:04:08 GMT, Jabberwocky <thunderjedi@theforce.bb> wrote:
>Mad deckbuilding for extended at its best:
>
>Say I play Panoptic Mirror. Do I imprint straight away, or whenever I want?
>It is worded differently from Scepter which specifically states CiP. Cos if
>it's whenever, pretty nice with time walk...

Panoptic Mirror has an activated Imprint ability, unlike all the Mirrodin
Imprint cards which had triggered comes-into-play Imprint abilities. You
can use the Mirror's activated ability any time you can pay the cost and have
priority, much like any other activated ability.

If you use it in response to its upkeep-triggered ability, the card you
imprint will be available to choose from later when you're picking one of
the imprinted instant-or-sorcery cards to copy-and-play.

Dave

Jabberwocky sez:

<<
>Mad deckbuilding for extended at its best:
>
>Say I play Panoptic Mirror. Do I imprint straight away, or whenever I want?
>It is worded differently from Scepter which specifically states CiP. Cos if
>it's whenever, pretty nice with time walk...

Whenever you like. Mirror's Imprint is activated, while Scepter's is
triggered. And yes, it is nice with Time Walk...I wonder if it'll be big
enough a problem to restrict Mirror, though I doubt it since Walk is
restricted...
----
"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."
--Sigmund Freud
"Sometimes a cake is just a cake."
--Deanna Troi, Star Trek: TNG: "Phantasms"