Question Paranormal motherboard

Mar 21, 2019
I have an older MSI 970 gaming motherboard sitting around, an FX8370 cpu, 8GB Kingston Savage 1866Mhz, a sata SSD, and a Geforce GT710 (this card is for backup, in case my main gpu dies). So, I decided I needed an extra pc, only for office kind of work, so why not using the old parts to build it? Installed everything correctly, and the card is dead. It actually died on spot, for no obvious reason. The card was previously tested, and worked well. I tested the card in my main pc, and it was still dead. Yesterday, I sent the card for warranty, and now I have to wait for 15 days to see if they will repair it, or whatever. Considering the long waiting time and the fact that I needed this pc to work, I bought a new replacement card, the cheapest one I could get as new, so I got a Geforce GT210. Got home, installed the card, still no signal. I took the card out, installed it in my main PC, same result. Those tiny video cards cannot be connected to the power supply. They don't need that kind of power to work. I know that theoretically, the motherboard cannot fry video cards all by itself. Nothing makes any sense, maybe my motherboard is paranormal. Do you have any suggestion? What could be wrong? The motherboard? Could it be just a coincidence?

Mar 21, 2019
For an AMD 970 Chipset motherboard, it is recommended to use a power supply unit (PSU) that complies with ATX 12V specification 2.4 (or later) and supplies a minimum power of 350W.

I use an Inter-Tech Energon CM 750W PSU. In the past, when this was the main pc, it used to power up a Radeon R9 390.

Mar 21, 2019
I would suggest you to check the PCIE port "In case" that some pins do not overlap or are bent.
Shame that 970 do not have IGPU...
By chance have you tried other PCIE slot?
Good idea, I will check the pcie pins. Yes I used the other slot, only after the cards were dead... and ofcourse, they were still dead. But you have a good point here.