Part 1: 20 Crazy And Unique Case Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Awesome case mods my favourite is still the Icredible Huld PC

http://www.techchee.com/2007/10/06/incredible-hulk-pc-case-mod/incredible-hulk-pc-case-mod/

but loved the nVidia motorcycle

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I saw the Borg cube, and I jumped back. Holy Fu...
I am awed.

The competition that the motorcycle SLI rig was in also had a lot of beautiful rigs in it.

Thanks, lots of cool cases to finish my night off. :)

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]thepinkpanther[/nom]the microwave one was tight, now if it had a femi in it u could actually put a hot pocket in there.[/citation]
My microwave is a 1000W, a GTX 480 is 250W.
They got quad-sli working for them yet?
Granted, the Fermi would just blow hot air, and the microwave... well, microwaves. So I guess it depends on how much patience you have (someone already tried cooking a egg on a Fermi).

fatedtodie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
I saw lots of cases where they spent long hours "designing" a case, only to use crap hardware or crap air flow.
Yes these are are art, but they are worthless for computing.
When I see a case built with look and function both having taken the time (anyone using stock fans is disqualified for being a moron) and patience to make a worthwhile case.

+1 for the thought, -5000 for execution.

rockstone1

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2007
At a Battletech/Mechwarrior fan, I LOVE the battlemech case- even though it's not an Atlas- as near as I can tell it's a Uller (or a Puma?)

When i can start naming these mechs like that... I need to get a job.

carlhenry

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
[citation][nom]fatedtodie[/nom]I saw lots of cases where they spent long hours "designing" a case, only to use crap hardware or crap air flow.Yes these are are art, but they are worthless for computing.When I see a case built with look and function both having taken the time (anyone using stock fans is disqualified for being a moron) and patience to make a worthwhile case.+1 for the thought, -5000 for execution.[/citation]

you obviously are not reading. check when the cases were made and i think you'll see their specs pretty hardcore during their time. jeez...

erloas

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2007
Yeah, the Atlas mod isn't anything like an atlas. Not even close. Completely the wrong type of legs, Atlases have a very distinctive head, and they have normal arms not gun arms.

Its hard to say exactly what it is closest to, but definitely a Clan 'Mech and the Atlas is 100% classic Inner Sphere.

Its a cool mod, just named completely wrong.

tburns1

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
Very slick. Too bad the Wall-e case was missed, I agree. Too bad the Tie Fighter one was missed too. But you can't count on everything being here. No matter what you find, there are always more out there.

G

fatedtodie, my charity build had an i7 975, 12 gigs of Crucial DDR3, Quad SLI 295s, and two Crucial 256 gig SSDS in raid 0. All water-cooled with Danger Den water-cooling. So what where you saying about Performance? All of my builds kick tail including my current project, Brimstone, which has TRi SLI 480s and will have a Gulftown proc in a couple weeks:
www.outoftheboxmods.com

Slackin

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009
Seen DarthBeavis' work first hand, all are very slick looking.. especially when coupled up with his huge monitor and 360 setup at local lan events..

His setup is usually the one I've got to check out first!!
some pics I took last year

http://twitpic.com/1oy3b6
http://twitpic.com/1oy4cc

Status
Not open for further replies.