Part 2: Four More Gaming Enclosures Under $50

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

My current computer is using a Rosewill case. Really cheap as well. If I wanted to spend more though, I'd get an Antec case.

G

The Challenger is nice, but I prefer the Rosewill Blackbone. The front panel has a very minimalistic look to it, which is what I like.

emergancy exit

Distinguished
May 5, 2008
APEVIA Xdreamer> all other cases on this list can be found for under $50 if you hunt around online (55 on newegg) but has a rebate that brings this case UNDER 40 dollars

hyteck9

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2009
I have to agree with the final thoughts of the author. If I'm going to buy $1,000 - $1,500 in parts, plus maybe another $350 in water cooling... I'm not going to put it in a flimsy sub-$50 case with minimal amounts of lazy fans. It is like putting a Ferrari engine in a rusted out 1980's Ford pickup. The truck isn't built for the power, torque, or heat... just as these cases are not built for the heat, weight or airflow required buy the massive amounts of hardware we all plan on cramming into them. :)

FenrirXIII

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2006
I have the Challenger for my current system, housing the mATX biostar 890gxe, a hyper+212 (clears the side panel by about 3mm), and a gtx 460 1gb from asus. I didn't really know if I needed more fancy features and I might upgrade the graphics card/HDD/PSU in the future, but I've got enough room for doing so and loving the air flow. The front intake fan also has a dust cover made of foam, like the one on the bottom of the case. This cover on the front not only covers the fan intake but the entirety of the front panel. Very good at keeping dust out aside from the slightly negative pressure the case has to deal with due to 2 exhaust and 1 intake.

Status
Not open for further replies.