[SOLVED] parts list for next build

Feb 28, 2019
My old G1 snipper m3 I7 3770 is way past due to be parted out and sold for parts. I only used it for video editing but its slow and definitely behind the times for what's out there now. Time for old paint to retire. SOOO been selling what I can on ebay and looking for my new build. YES I'm on a budget, but can use my 750 power supply and my Nvidia quadro f5000 with new build . Below is what I'm pondering on . Let me know your thoughts. I went with a Asus prime x470-pro AXT
motherboard as I will probably update at a later time

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8bjDgw

Not sure that link works so here are my choices --->>

AMD - Ryzen 7 1700X 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor

Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Asus - Prime X470-Pro ATX AM4 Motherboard

G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory

I feel this should be fine for what I do and upgradable for a later time if necessary. I only do 1080 and no 4k editing for my own personal collection .
Let me know if I made the right choice
Be kind LOL

Ken

Last edited:
Solution
Save money.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3 GHz 8-Core Processor ($159.89 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME B450M-A/CSM Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($79.99 @ B&H)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $374.86
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-07 23:31 EST-0500
Swap the cooler for this one : https://pcpartpicker.com/product/4TCrxr/thermalright-cpu-cooler-machorevb

If your editing tasks uses cpu primarily, the upgrade is a good choice.

But the latest Adobe products use both cpu and Cuda based gpu acceleration. In that regard, that aging f500 gpu might need replacement. Maybe a gtx 1660ti 6gb perhaps. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/RG...tus-xs-video-card-gtx-1660-ti-ventus-xs-6g-oc

Consider these as your long term investment....

You can also upgrade your cpu now and see the performance gains and then decide on the gpu upgrade....

Last edited:
Reactions: Masterwildtalk

WildCard999

Titan
Save money.

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($99.99 @ Newegg)

Reactions: Masterwildtalk
Solution
Feb 28, 2019
Thanks for the info .
Swap the cooler for this one : https://pcpartpicker.com/product/4TCrxr/thermalright-cpu-cooler-machorevb

If your editing tasks uses cpu primarily, the upgrade is a good choice.

But the latest Adobe products use both cpu and Cuda based gpu acceleration. In that regard, that aging f500 gpu might need replacement. Maybe a gtx 1660ti 6gb perhaps. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/RG...tus-xs-video-card-gtx-1660-ti-ventus-xs-6g-oc

Consider these as your long term investment....

You can also upgrade your cpu now and see the performance gains and then decide on the gpu upgrade....

Feb 28, 2019
I had a typo above and fixed it,, not that it helps much. My gpu is a f5000 not a 500 but yes I know that's my next investment. As for cooler fans, I run my computers with no side panel to let them breath, but yes its always best to run a better cooler. Been debating between the 1600x and 2700x cpu , but this and the gpu will be my next update at a later date

WildCard999

Titan
Anyone ever deal with bhphotovideo.com for parts before. I never used them before . They are about the only place that currently has the Asus - PRIME B450M-A
I've ordered from them before, no issues. If your going to use a aftermarket cooler then don't bother with the X versions of those CPU's as it will save money and usually a cooler such as the CM EVO 212 will run much quieter and still provide a good overclock.

Feb 28, 2019
Save money.

Save money.

Comparing the Asus - Prime X470-Pro ATX and the Asus - PRIME B450m-A/CSM the Asus - Prime X470 Asus offers 2 benefits I may desire. 1 Asus - Prime X470 has muti GPU support and a larger M.2 support option. Not really sure if its worth the extra $$. Asus - PRIME B450m-A/CSM is very popular . Hard choices

Feb 28, 2019
OK another option to my build.. CGdirector.com stated this MB is a great card for Rysen cpu's.. MSI X470 Gaming Plus ATX AM4. Whats the thoughts on this MB against all the above we have discussed ? Price is nice but I never had a MSI MB before . Mostly I stick with Asus , Asrock and Gigabyte. I have seen BAD reviews on Gigabyte MB with the risen cpus , so have counted that out. This is also my first AMD processor . Getting down to making a decision soon . Welcome any and all input

WildCard999

Titan
OK another option to my build.. CGdirector.com stated this MB is a great card for Rysen cpu's.. MSI X470 Gaming Plus ATX AM4. Whats the thoughts on this MB against all the above we have discussed ? Price is nice but I never had a MSI MB before . Mostly I stick with Asus , Asrock and Gigabyte. I have seen BAD reviews on Gigabyte MB with the risen cpus , so have counted that out. This is also my first AMD processor . Getting down to making a decision soon . Welcome any and all input
Not a fan of MSI motherboards here, have run into too many issues with them before but others like them.

Feb 28, 2019
Might be possible to do too much research>? LOL I was a big gigabyte fan but a lot of complaints with the gigabyte board with the ryzen cpus for some reason. MSI and Asus seem to be most preferred for ryzen and video editing . MSI seem to be the most talked about and researched with video edit builds. Will give MSI a shot and see how it goes. Never owned a MSI motherboard, and if its a bad board its not very costly so will move onto asus if it gets crazy bad. Like to thank everyone for all the input and great advice. Im also going to splurge for a M.2 storage and 3200 ripjaw ram as its suggested best for editing and rendering as for speed and less dropped frames. Thanks again to all that helped offering options and great choices. Great advice form everyone.. Next will be a updated video card from the Geforce Quadro k5000 to a ???? to be determined at a later date as I will be asking all you experts .