Question Paste in Outlook Online

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
Using Safari and cannot paste while doing an email. Can copy but it doesn't paste. Only does it with keyboard Command+V. Need to find mouse option.
Hold down Command and try to right-click it. Does that give you the option? Additionally, long-press allows menus to appear by default. You can also enable right-click in Settings, but I’d have to look again to see where that is.

spinningstill

Honorable
Jan 15, 2018
I get the standard right click copy, but when I go to paste, it gives me this box.

Could not get help from MS today about such a simple task.

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
I get the standard right click copy, but when I go to paste, it gives me this box.

Could not get help from MS today about such a simple task.
So… I don’t think I understand your issue. What are you expecting it to do? You don’t want it to show those options? As a Mac user, I have to choose one of those options in Outlook OWA and it takes only less than 2 seconds.

Outlook on the web (and I believe Outlook for Mac as well) both show those options because one keeps the source formatting, while the other keeps just the text and merges it to the email’s formatting.

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
So odd for such a basic function that was first used in 1983.
Well, Microsoft has been hacked a lot lately and a variety of features are non-functional. For example, somehow my company website was added to Microsoft’s list of phishing URLs and all our emails to clients were going to quarantine because of it. Not sure how it happened but after 5 hours of troubleshooting with Microsoft and following rabbit trails, they changed something on their backend.

I’d suggest you open a ticket with Microsoft support and keep pressing them until they get your issue addressed. I’m experiencing the same on my MacBook, so it’s definitely a bug.