Patent Filing Reveals Nvidia May Build Tiny Computers

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]anoym123[/nom]I think if NVIDA plays its cards right, it could be a new competitor for Home entertianment like consoles. IF they team up with STEAM and actually put together some impressive specs and are upgradable like a PC we could see the end of consoles as they are today, over priced outdated technology that most just play games, most which arn`t very good.[/citation]

over priced, that is a relative idea. the ps3 is still the best stand alone bluray player you can get, and at 300$ -100~ for the bluray player it comes to about 200~$ video games, and at 200$ look at all you get... at least to me its not a bad deal, or even 300 on the 360 isnt a bad deal either.

really the wii is the only one i would consider overpriced, but than again you get mario and such... great game.

but back to your modular console idea, you would have to change the way people think of consoles, and support at least 3 gens of graphics processors, its a great idea, but even saying its great on this site will get you a -4 in a heart beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.