[SOLVED] Patriot DDR 4000 wont go past 1066

50bmg

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
I have a Gigabyte Aorus Master B550 and i have the XMP profile enabled in the BIOS. Patriot 4000 c19 DDR 4000 wont go past 1066. What am i missing?

Solution
Don't select your own answer as the BA in the future. Glad you got it sorted. In the future, keep in mind that the A2 and B2 slots are ALWAYS the slots the memory should be installed in IF:

It is a dual channel consumer motherboard.

You are using only two DIMMs.

Even if the board manual calls the slots something else, they will still be the second and fourth slots, for all four DIMM slot dual channel motherboards.
In the BIOS, find the DRAM training voltage and set that to 1.35-1.36v. Whatever the actual XMP profile voltage is set to, set the DRAM training voltage to the same setting.

If there ISN'T a DRAM training voltage setting for that board in the BIOS, then the probability is that the memory kit is simply not compatible with the motherboard well enough to play nice at the XMP settings.

There is really no benefit to running the memory at 4000mhz anyhow, as you'll be paying a penalty by doing so. Try enabling the XMP profile and THEN manually setting the memory speed to 3600mhz, then save settings and exit the BIOS.

Also, make sure that the memory is in the correct slots and the boot type is set to Auto or normal, not fast boot. And do not confuse the memory fast boot with the boot process fast boot setting, as they are entirely different things.

Considering that has a CL19 memory timing, it's probably not a highly Ryzen compatible memory kit anyhow. You can try enabling/disabling "gear down" mode to see if that helps at all.

Don't select your own answer as the BA in the future. Glad you got it sorted. In the future, keep in mind that the A2 and B2 slots are ALWAYS the slots the memory should be installed in IF:

It is a dual channel consumer motherboard.

You are using only two DIMMs.

Even if the board manual calls the slots something else, they will still be the second and fourth slots, for all four DIMM slot dual channel motherboards.

Solution