Patriot EP Pro 64g not recognized

kingdom2011

Reputable
Aug 12, 2015
I bought an sd card 2 weeks ago. after inserting it into my device and working with it for a couple of days, i understand that the sd card disappears after some day. i needed to bring it out and put it in again th show up. so i formatted a few time and it didn't worked. finally i decided to make at as an adoptable storage. after doing so i revert it again as normal. it was ok for 3 days. now the sd card can't be read at all. even putting it in my pc through sd card slot doesn't work. the drive is there but it can't be formatted. here is the details:

after clicking format:
http://s9.picofile.com/file/8270691842/Screenshot_87_.png

when trying to clean disk using diskpart:
http://s8.picofile.com/file/8270692084/Screenshot_88_.png

i have also tested disk management. it can't be formatted.

Solution
Hey there, kingdom2011.

It sounds like the memory card might have failed. Try changing its drive letter if possible via Disk Management: How to change the drive letter assignment in Windows and try reformatting it again after that, to see if you'd still get the "no media" message.
Another option would be to try and download its manufacturer's formatting tool (most SD card and flash drive manufacturer's offer such tools for their devices) to see if it can do the job.

If nothing seems to be working, having in mind the issues you've already had with it, I'd recommend that you get in touch with the vendor you got it from and/or the manufacturer's customer support and ask about RMA.

Hope that helps.
Boogieman_WD
Hey there, kingdom2011.

It sounds like the memory card might have failed. Try changing its drive letter if possible via Disk Management: How to change the drive letter assignment in Windows and try reformatting it again after that, to see if you'd still get the "no media" message.
Another option would be to try and download its manufacturer's formatting tool (most SD card and flash drive manufacturer's offer such tools for their devices) to see if it can do the job.

If nothing seems to be working, having in mind the issues you've already had with it, I'd recommend that you get in touch with the vendor you got it from and/or the manufacturer's customer support and ask about RMA.

Hope that helps.
Boogieman_WD

Solution

Latest posts