Patriot Memory Intros Wildfire Pro, SE SSDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at the point with SSDs that it is only news-worthy if there is a serious breakthrough. I swear, there is more news about a new guy making sandforce drives or another old guy making more sandforce drives than any other tech where old stuff being repeated has to be told over and over.

Than again, more and more means more competition... However, it's still annoying.

G

Good thing PTC no longer calls their software Pro/Engineer Wildfire.

truefoe

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
The Hard Drive manufacturing community is looking a golden opportunity to revamp and retool the entire Hard Drive industry. All of those facilities over in the Pacific rim were wiped clean, they have to start all over fresh. Why not start making SSDs instead and ramp up capacity? That is the future for all storage on all devices is it not?
I know the HDD market will still need to exist for large storage and could technology to work. But for now, why not take advantage of the rebuild process and make those new facilities with an eye towards the SSD market?

bloodymaze

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
When they come out with more pci-express SSD, for much cheaper I will be interested... seems like the SATA 3 is nice, and will provide a boost in performance, they need to move to something with more space and speed if they want to continue the "bleeding edge" speed we saw from HDD to SSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.