Patriot Updates Wireless Mobile HDD Line with Aero Model

Status
Not open for further replies.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Too bad the drive can't instead have an option of becoming another device on a wireless network so people can keep access to their network/Internet while accessing the drive. Have the ability to create it's own wifi network and it's ability to connect to a wifi network would be great and that goes for Seagate's drive too

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
[citation][nom]danwat1234[/nom]Too bad the drive can't instead have an option of becoming another device on a wireless network so people can keep access to their network/Internet while accessing the drive. Have the ability to create it's own wifi network and it's ability to connect to a wifi network would be great and that goes for Seagate's drive too[/citation]

it can be used as a passthrough drive when setup correctly. at least the gauntlet node can, I put in my own 1tb drive with the node and i can set up for internet access through the node itself. it also acts as a extender in that when not on the go i plug it in in about 75 feet from my wirless router and i can extend my range when outside on the other side of the bhouse by connecting through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.