Pay For Your OnePlus Smartphone In Installments, Carrier-Free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobile carriers have been using installment plans to sell mobile phones for years now, so this concept isn’t anything new

True, and now... carriers have decided to just lease the devices instead of selling them in the past year.

but OnePlus’ installment program does have one major advantage: Phones purchased through OnePlus on the installment plan are not restricted to any one carrier, so users are free to switch to a competing mobile service while still paying for the phone.

This is great... in theory... as carriers (looking at you SPRINT) have reserved the right to not accept phones that haven't been tested on their networks, by them. (Yeah, that means your flagship model from a competing carrier, even if it is carrier unlocked, won't be accepted by your carrier.)

I just hope these OnePlus phones aren't blacklisted by carriers in this fashion. We need more competition.

zoenphlux

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2008
This is like those same Furniture and Electronic stores that let you rent to own. If those numbers are right you will end up paying a LOT of interest. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

OnePlus2 Retail 349. On payments you pay 99 + 22.60 x 24 = 641.40$ If this was a loan it would be 250$ @ 89% for 24 months. Ouch!

OnePlusX Retail 249. On payments you pay 99 + 16.12 x 18 = 389.16$ If this was a loan it would be 150$ @ 97.2% for 18 months.....holy cow!

Nice way to take advantage of people who don't have a couple hundred extra. This is normal for people to do, and wonder why we don't have the extra 250$ to start with. Stupid....

Status
Not open for further replies.