PC acting slow (specially gaming).

miguel gayon

Reputable
Feb 13, 2015
PC acting weird.
My pc has been very slow loading games, and even slower to load animation (like characters in fornite lobby, animations in starcraft main menu, etc) the actual game is super laggy, like trying to move from point a to point b, the character starts moving then the screen blinks and Im back again at point a.
Browsing internet in general is a little slower but bearable, except some pages like UPS and a couple others that just wont load.
I believe this has to do with my computer and not the internet since I have tried in several networks and its the same thing in all of them.
Also this started happening after I downloaded a movie from piratebay. As soon as I downloaded it I started ti get phising attempt alerts from my anti virus (bitfender).
Restarted the computer and it stopped, but all the problems started. I have run bitfender scan, malwarebytes scan, and SuperAntispyware with no luck. I also tried CCleaner just in case.
At this point the only option I see is factory reset the pc, but id like to avoid that if possible since I have to much stuff Id have to backup.

Needless to say I learned my lesson and probably wont touch a torrent with a 6 foot pole ever again.

Thanks in advance!