[SOLVED] PC acting super wierd

Jun 16, 2020
Hi guys.

So lately I’ve been having an issue where one game in particular, rainbow 6 siege, would cause my screen to go black and restart. No blue screen, nothing. System logs don’t seem to point to anything.So what I did was, I returned the pc to the place where I got it built. They stress tested it for any issues for an entire day, using softwares such as Unigen Heaven, where they used both 100% CPU and GPU. An entire day and literally no restarts, crashes, errors or anything of the sort.

This left me pretty confused. Without anything to go on, I thought maybe it was the power supply being worn out, (the system and all its parts are 1 1/2 years old)
So I replaced the PSU. Surprise surprise, the issue persists.

However, today when I played gta v, after around an hour or so of playing, the game got stuck. The entire system crashed while playing online and I was stuck on the game screen, so I was forced to hard restart. Launched the game again, but this time within a few minutes, it crashed again. Checked system logs, no discernible error was to be noted, apart from something that related to windows tiles, which if I’m not mistaken is that start bar, and also something to do with some renewal.

To add to this, I also recently ran a render for around 12 hours, which used pretty much 100% of the cpu and a large amount of ram.

All games file integrity have been checked.
I’ve done “reset this pc, keep files” as well run “sfc /scannow”.

Apart from this, all my drivers are up to date.

So these are my specs:
Motherboard: ASUS Prime H310-K
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070
CPU: Intel Core i7 8700
RAM: 16 gb ddr4 2666mhz
Power supply: 550W Antec neo eco 550W bronze plus

Any suggestions would be well appreciated. Thank you

Solution
Yeah if you want to make sure it isn't another other component run memtest for the memory, furmark for the GPU, prime86 for the CPU, and i'm still looking for something to test the motherboard.
May 7, 2020
Do you happen to have a spare drive laying around maybe try a clean install of windows; I remember when i had crashing issues; a clean re-installation reduced the frequency.

May 7, 2020
Yeah if you want to make sure it isn't another other component run memtest for the memory, furmark for the GPU, prime86 for the CPU, and i'm still looking for something to test the motherboard.

Solution
Jun 16, 2020
After updating the bios I noticed my temperatures were going to 100 degrees under load, which is very strange. So I presume there’s a mono issue that’s causing too much voltage being supplied to the cpu. Gonna get it tested tomorrow. Thanks!

Last edited:
May 7, 2020
After updating the bios I noticed my temperatures were going to 100 degrees under load, which is very strange. So I presume there’s a mono issue that’s causing too much colatage being supplied to the cpu. Gonna get it tested tomorrow. Thanks!

Your Vram temp or cpu tem? but yes that is strange unless you're overclocking a lot; but let us know what the dignostics is