pc and ps4 cross-platform

yousef_5

Commendable
Sep 22, 2016
hello guys i was wondering what happen in cross-platform games between pc and ps4 and what sony decide in the end ?

Solution
There never really have been any and for good reason. The cross platform play never really works properly, not to mention the large difference in input devices. If you allowed console players to go against PC the native aim assist for console will have to be disabled, and controller users would consistently over or under aim. Not to mention the game itself. If its coded to work with both games PC users would then have to be locked out of changing graphical settings.
There never really have been any and for good reason. The cross platform play never really works properly, not to mention the large difference in input devices. If you allowed console players to go against PC the native aim assist for console will have to be disabled, and controller users would consistently over or under aim. Not to mention the game itself. If its coded to work with both games PC users would then have to be locked out of changing graphical settings.

Solution

ZeroRequiem

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014
There are a handful of cross platform games out there working perfectly like Rocket League, Paragon, Final Fantasy 14 and they are quite balanced in terms of controls so console users don't have a disadvantage in these titles.

turbopixel

Reputable
May 18, 2015
Sorry, I hit solution button by accident. I have played Street Fighter V on my pc with gamepad against friends on ps4 and it worked wonderfully. Also Doom have this too and I never heard about problems. So its easy if Sony would say yes, everyone would benefit from this. If some developer don't want cross platform play, they could deactivate it or not implement it from beginning. Technically it would work, but Sony don't allow this as a default. So every developer have to built this from scratch for each game.

TRENDING THREADS