Question pc becomes INSANELY LOUD when launching a high graphic fps game.

plutoaltim

Prominent
Apr 19, 2022
SEE VIDEO

Whenever i set my graphics to low or cap my fps to my monitors refreshrate it goes quiet. When I put my in game graphics High and cap my fps to unlimited MY PC BECOMES A WHOLE ROCKET LAUNCHER. I have had this problem for months and still dont know whats the fix my ears are about to explode pls help.

madartzgraphics

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
SEE VIDEO

Whenever i set my graphics to low or cap my fps to my monitors refreshrate it goes quiet. When I put my in game graphics High and cap my fps to unlimited MY PC BECOMES A WHOLE ROCKET LAUNCHER. I have had this problem for months and still dont know whats the fix my ears are about to explode pls help.

First of all, we can't guess your specs using tarot cards so it is better to type it when asking for help. Second, have you tried monitoring your temps using some accurate software? Overheating can lead to fans ramping up to maximum specially if thermal paste dried up, heatsink-chip contacts are not properly seated, and/or your chip needs a deliding. Older cards are also louder, a good example of that is Galax GTX 560 because it only has a single fan spinning at an unusually very high RPM at normal operation.

Also want to ask if you have a mismatched monitor resolution and refresh rate (dual monitor)? Some cards do not downclock themselves when you have a mismatched monitor. It's like it's not idling itself resulting to temps skyrocketing continuously whether the GPU is being used or not.

Last edited:

plutoaltim

Prominent
Apr 19, 2022
First of all, we can't guess your specs using tarot cards so it is better to type it when asking for help. Second, have you tried monitoring your temps using some accurate software? Overheating can lead to fans ramping up to maximum specially if thermal paste dried up, heatsink-chip contacts are not properly seated, and/or your chip needs a deliding. Older cards are also louder, a good example of that is Galax GTX 560 because it only has a single fan spinning at an unusually very high RPM at normal operation.
PC Specs:
GPU: RTX 3070 NVIDIA INN03D
LIQUID COOLER: MSI MAG C240
CPU: INTEL CORE I7-12700KF
MOTHERBOARD: TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4
RAM: G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB 32GB 3600MHZ DDR4

I measured my temps many times before it was fine below 65°C when gaming at high load. While running fans on autofan tuning mode.
I am using dual monitor setup one with main monitor with 144hz other monitor 60hz

madartzgraphics

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
PC Specs:
GPU: RTX 3070 NVIDIA INN03D
LIQUID COOLER: MSI MAG C240
CPU: INTEL CORE I7-12700KF
MOTHERBOARD: TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4
RAM: G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB 32GB 3600MHZ DDR4

I measured my temps many times before it was fine below 65°C when gaming at high load. While running fans on autofan tuning mode.

You should probably check your fan RPMs. It sounds like a jet engine taking off at full speed. You can use MSI Afterburner to control and throttle your fans down a little bit, manually. Your temps doesn't look that bad. Also, check for some signs of fan failure both GPU, CPU and chassis. If you monitored your temps long time ago, make sure to do it again you might be missing something.

plutoaltim

Prominent
Apr 19, 2022
You should probably check your fan RPMs. It sounds like a jet engine taking off at full speed. You can use MSI Afterburner to control and throttle your fans down a little bit, manually. Your temps doesn't look that bad. Also, check for some signs of fan failure both GPU, CPU and chassis. If you monitored your temps long time ago, make sure to do it again you might be missing something.
Hi, Thanks for solving something Ive also had a issue were my gpu fans never stopped spinning like it used to i unplugged my 60hz monitor because I have a dual monitor setup so my 144hz monitor is running my GPU FANS FINALLY STOPPED so it was the 2 monitors that was making it from spinning endlessly.

While I was playing my game I noticed it was the power supply fan that was making the gridning noise in the video that I showed you

madartzgraphics

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
Hi, Thanks for solving something Ive also had a issue were my gpu fans never stopped spinning like it used to i unplugged my 60hz monitor because I have a dual monitor setup so my 144hz monitor is running my GPU FANS FINALLY STOPPED so it was the 2 monitors that was making it from spinning endlessly.

While I was playing my game I noticed it was the power supply fan that was making the gridning noise in the video that I showed you

Ah yes, I mentioned it on my first reply. Probably a mismatched monitor issue where the GPU don't downclock itself on idle. Again, use MSI afterburner to check if it's already dropping the clock upon removing one monitor.

RTX 3070 IDLE TEMP: 40C plus or minus.

Last edited:

plutoaltim

Prominent
Apr 19, 2022
What do you mean? Well if it's the chassis fans or something else like the PSU fan, you can try isolating it outside the case so you can hear them better. If you can hear it, you can solve it. What's your PSU spec?
Im not really sure on my PSU Spec but I have tried getting it outside the case and it was the PSU making the gridning noise is that normal or idk?