Question PC been acting strange after upgrades.

yorkdesigns9

Reputable
Jan 14, 2019
I recently upgraded my cpu to match my 3070ti and went with an r9 5900x and got another 16gb of matching ram. Sometimes my displays turn on and off randomly and my desktop switches from one monitor to the other, especially when my pc is in sleep mode it bugs the hell out when i wake it. also ive been having audio issues, anytime my pc goes into sleep mode my corsair headset on discord stops working and i have to go through and reselect the input and output before they work. Also i started getting a clock_watchdog_timeout blue screen.
Ive tried updating all the drivers i could think of. I updated my bios when I got my new cpu.

Mobo: Asus x570 Prime P
CPU: R9 5900x
Ram: 4x8gb Corsair Vengeance 3600 c18
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3070ti
PSU: Corsair RM850x

I recently upgraded my cpu to match my 3070ti and went with an r9 5900x and got another 16gb of matching ram. Sometimes my displays turn on and off randomly and my desktop switches from one monitor to the other, especially when my pc is in sleep mode it bugs the hell out when i wake it. also ive been having audio issues, anytime my pc goes into sleep mode my corsair headset on discord stops working and i have to go through and reselect the input and output before they work. Also i started getting a clock_watchdog_timeout blue screen.
Ive tried updating all the drivers i could think of. I updated my bios when I got my new cpu.

Did you update the bios with the old CPU or new CPU?

Just to make the pot smaller work with the original 2 sticks of ram in the proper slots.

with old r5 3600
You need to clear the old cpuid from your bios mobos can't handle the info of two cpus it through their volts and clocks of in a wonky way. With the PC off unplug the psu then on the Mobo with the psu unplugged remove the lithium battery that normal is under the GPU with both the lithium battery and psu cable removed hold the power button on the case for 30s x2s. Then reseat lithium battery and psu cable boot to bios and set the bios the way you use it, so xmp, disable or adjust the turbo stepping and all that... Then boot system see how it does from there

You need to clear the old cpuid from your bios mobos can't handle the info of two cpus it through their volts and clocks of in a wonky way. With the PC off unplug the psu then on the Mobo with the psu unplugged remove the lithium battery that normal is under the GPU with both the lithium battery and psu cable removed hold the power button on the case for 30s x2s. Then reseat lithium battery and psu cable boot to bios and set the bios the way you use it, so xmp, disable or adjust the turbo stepping and all that... Then boot system see how it does from there

This is called clear CMOS. The user manual for the mobo, will have the exact way to do it.

Here's a vid: https://www.google.com/search?q=Asu...ws-wiz-serp#kpvalbx=_ZFsGY4fEMYeU8gKr76CQAg15