[SOLVED] Pc being slow at loading itself and apps

Mar 7, 2021
First I apologise if this is the wrong category.

My pc is my own build and about 2-3 years old ( depending on which components ) running windows 10

The other day my pc suddenly decided it didn't want to load applications at all, I managed to keep chrome and discord open and they seemed to work fine. The next day it took a while to load up, and once open it did the same with chrome and discord, however I did manage to load so other applications they just took a while. I had checked basic things like task manager statistics and everything was fine. I did a full scan of my pc for virus (bullguard) and found nothing. I ran windows diagnostics and everything was okay. I also looked at my pcs hardware and it seemed fine. The first time it happened I wasn't doing anything I was just switching games and they wouldn't open. I have two drives and the problems happens with applications stored on both. Today everything was slow at first. I have no idea what it could be, its hard to put it into words so there may be answer out there. If anyone has seen this before and knows a fix it would be great! And also any troubleshooting suggestions. Thank you in advance.

CPU: i5-7400 @ 3.0Ghz
MB: Asus strix Z270F
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 8Gb DDR6
RAM: Gskill trident z 16Gb DDR4 @ 3067Mhz
PSU: Corsair RM650x Gold
SSD: Crucial 250Gb
HHD: Seagate 2TB
CPU cooler: NZXT kraken x62