[SOLVED] PC Black Screen Restart While Gaming

Dec 10, 2022
Not quite sure if this the right subforum but atm I'm currently having problems which I never had before, when trying to play games it causes black screen restart(s) and I'm totally lost on what to do. I used OCCT to stress test my PSU and it does exactly the same. But when I try testing my GPU/CPU etc it doesn't BSR.

Solution
considering that CX750M has only 5year warranty and CPU stopped selling in 2017, we can expect PSU being out of warranty already

PSU will age (degrade) over time, thats based on used component quality (warranty time) and PSU heating (power usage), capacitors in PSUs will degrade over time, once they do, they became unstable (cant provide enough stable power at rated wattage)

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU, apart from it's make and model.

Dec 10, 2022
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K
Motherboard: GA-Z97X-Gaming 7
Ram: HyperX Fury HX318C10FWK2/16 White 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3
SSD/HDD: SanDisk Ultra II 1TB SSD / Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
PSU: Corsair CX750M Builder Series 750W (Not sure how old)
Chassis: Not sure
Monitor: AOC E2270SWHN 22" FHD
include the age of the PSU, apart from it's make and model.

Last edited by a moderator:
considering that CX750M has only 5year warranty and CPU stopped selling in 2017, we can expect PSU being out of warranty already

PSU will age (degrade) over time, thats based on used component quality (warranty time) and PSU heating (power usage), capacitors in PSUs will degrade over time, once they do, they became unstable (cant provide enough stable power at rated wattage)

Reactions: SoggyBiscuits
Solution
Dec 10, 2022

Yeah I had a feeling it would be the PSU. Thanks for confirming friend!