Question PC black-screens and crashes when gaming ?

Mar 16, 2024
Hello guys
first, i have bad english but i will try my best to explain...

I have a Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6600 XT GPU and whenever i enter some games the screen goes black then pc restarts.

its not happening on every game example i can play the last of us part 1, red dead redemption 2, arma 3 for hours but most of other games crashing after some minutes i tried some games that not have high demand on gpu like Raft its crashing too.

my system specs:

asus b450m dragon
amd ryzen 3700x
sapphire nitro+ rx 6600 xt
32 gb 3200 mhz ram
650w psu ( i tried with 3 different brands xigmatek, deepcool, gigabyte )

i tried to:
*change psu
*disable automatic driver update
*ddu and reinstall graphics drivers ( when i do that it works but next day it starts again )
*disable dcom
*undervolt
*remove all oc on cpu and rams
*temperatures are fine
*disabled ulps
*installed drivers without adrenalin
*memtest rams and tested with different rams

weirdly only in cyberpunk 2077, when i play with base cpu clocks, after some minutes pc restarts but when i activate core performance boost or pbo it works perfectly but other games no matter what i do they cause pc restart

anyone can help how to fix this?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

650W is the advertised wattage of the unit, while the 3 names you've mentioned in parenthesis are all brands. What is the model of the units and how old are they?

You forgot to mention the make and model of the case, the fans in said case and their orientation. What are your ambient room air temps? Temps of your GPU and CPU when you see a black screen?

asus b450m dragon
In all honesty, I wouldn't have paired a motherboard like that with a processor you're working with. Something with a beefy VRM cooling would've been in order. You could source some self adhesive heatsinks to add tot he VRM and have a fan blow across them to generate airflow and cool said VRM area.

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

Reactions: Atlas93
Mar 16, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

650W is the advertised wattage of the unit, while the 3 names you've mentioned in parenthesis are all brands. What is the model of the units and how old are they?

You forgot to mention the make and model of the case, the fans in said case and their orientation. What are your ambient room air temps? Temps of your GPU and CPU when you see a black screen?

asus b450m dragon
In all honesty, I wouldn't have paired a motherboard like that with a processor you're working with. Something with a beefy VRM cooling would've been in order. You could source some self adhesive heatsinks to add tot he VRM and have a fan blow across them to generate airflow and cool said VRM area.

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

Hello Lutfij Thank you
Models of psus: Gigabyte P650B, Deepcool PK650D, Xigmatek X-Power EN42654
My case is Msi mag vampiric with 2 fans front, 2 fans top and one exhaust
ambient room temps are between 18 - 22 celsius generally
Temps in game are CPU: 45-60C GPU: 55-65C
and i have manually tested vrm temps are 65-75C

I used ddu and installed PRO drivers instead adrenalin seems it fixed the problem since i use pro drivers never get crash but i still don't know why adrenalin drivers are crashing there must be a problem with vbios or drivers