Question PC black-screens and restarts after about an hour of gaming ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 6, 2023
I built my new PC in early January this year, and ever since then I've been facing this black screen and restart issue on and off. The PC, without warning, will black screen and auto restart itself after an inconsistent amount of use, and the event viewer comes back with a Kernel 41 Critical Error code. Sometimes it will crash after minutes of use or sometimes it will go hours. For about the first 2 weeks of having the new system, whenever I would game it would black screen and restart and the restarts had no correlation with each other. I fixed it by plugging the PC into the wall as opposed to a power strip and that seemed to temper the black screens as I didn't get them for about 2 months.

Now, all of a sudden the black screens are back this week and they seem to be more and more frequent. I can't think of anything that I changed right before the black screens started again, and I have tried almost everything. My temps are good, I've tried reseating RAM and CPU, updating all drivers. I'm beginning to think it may just be a power supply issue but don't want to buy a new one without trying all of the troubleshooting steps first.

My specs are:
ASUS B650 ROG STRIX
Ryzen 7 7700x
Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 5200 2x16GB
Gigabyte Aero 4080
Corsair RM850x
Kraken Z73 RGB
Lian Li SL-Infinity 120 x10
WD 770 1 TB
Plus one other WD 1 TB Drive, it is from my old PC so I don't know exact model

I'm about to pull my hair out over this so any help anyone can offer is appreciated.

LORYT699

Prominent
Apr 6, 2022
I built my new PC in early January this year, and ever since then I've been facing this black screen and restart issue on and off. The PC, without warning, will black screen and auto restart itself after an inconsistent amount of use, and the event viewer comes back with a Kernel 41 Critical Error code. Sometimes it will crash after minutes of use or sometimes it will go hours. For about the first 2 weeks of having the new system, whenever I would game it would black screen and restart and the restarts had no correlation with each other. I fixed it by plugging the PC into the wall as opposed to a power strip and that seemed to temper the black screens as I didn't get them for about 2 months.

Now, all of a sudden the black screens are back this week and they seem to be more and more frequent. I can't think of anything that I changed right before the black screens started again, and I have tried almost everything. My temps are good, I've tried reseating RAM and CPU, updating all drivers. I'm beginning to think it may just be a power supply issue but don't want to buy a new one without trying all of the troubleshooting steps first.

My specs are:
ASUS B650 ROG STRIX
Ryzen 7 7700x
Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 5200 2x16GB
Gigabyte Aero 4080
Corsair RM850x
Kraken Z73 RGB
Lian Li SL-Infinity 120 x10
WD 770 1 TB
Plus one other WD 1 TB Drive, it is from my old PC so I don't know exact model

I'm about to pull my hair out over this so any help anyone can offer is appreciated.
when we talk of black screen 70% is gpu fault, so how is going your gpu? hot or something strange? try to see if your cables are plugged well and the see if it happen also on idle cause could be also the monitor.
try updating all drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.