Question Pc bluescreen during Windows recovery process

testeras

Prominent
Mar 13, 2022
Today updated windows, it installed stupid cpu drivers which i didnt asked for. So i was lazy to do DDU so i did restore point.
I tought it would take 20-40 minutes but nooooo
it took 4-5 hours and just bluescreened while not finishing with restore process.

I'we been using this pc over a year and it never bluescreened once but it had to happen during restore(R E C O V E R Y).

Thankfully pc windows wasnt bricked completely, it tries to boot then bluescreen happens and automatic restart.

Currently what im doing is restoring pc with troubleshooter with same restore point.

So question is will my pc boot after this second try of restore point finishes

Specs
Windows 10 Home x64

i5 2320
psu falcon flc 450l
Rx 550 4gb
4gb Kingston 4gb Corsair 1600mhz
1 tb Toshiba hdd (500mb C: 500mb D: )
mb: Thinkcentre Edge 72 3484N5 - ih61m (its prebuild motherboard from lenovo)

Last edited:

testeras

Prominent
Mar 13, 2022
cpu don't have driver.
and with such ancient pc. there should be any new driver

my guess is the hdd failing or the cpu is overheating
I meant igpu drivers.

And nothing is overheating, as i said bluescreen happened during process of restoring windows to previous state.

Nothing was wrong with system only thing i wanted to do is restore pc before updates because i was lazy to uninstall drivers with DDU, but windows bluescreen interrupted file recovery,
after that windows wont boot it just bluescreens instantly after logo

Last edited:

testeras

Prominent
Mar 13, 2022
So a second try of restore point did work, no bluescreens this time, windows was bootable again.
But stupid WINDOWS installed igpu drivers again and it was a must do, not a optional thing.

Like in device manager it is set for windows to not automatically update drivers thru windows update, even in DDU option for automatic drivers update is disabled, and windows still does it as MUST DO.

And why windows has to update every 30 days i wish i could disable it for year.

GOD DAMN IM MAD

testeras

Prominent
Mar 13, 2022
Screenshot-35.png

Is this dying hdd, it always shows read error rate as 0, but rarely sometimes show 65k

Update: i restarted pc and it shows 0 again

Screenshot-36.png

Last edited:

testeras

Prominent
Mar 13, 2022
No further answers for anyone so ill assume that my hdd is dying.
I will buy ssd next week to reinstall windows and use old hard drives that should work properly

testeras

Prominent
Mar 13, 2022
@rgd1101
Sorry for ping but i have a question
20230125-190800.jpg

I just bought ssd and have scratches on every single pin, there was no other way than me forcefully plug sata and power sata cable, i mean ssd working fine but can these scratches make problem