ProbePC

Honorable
Jul 13, 2015
PC BOOT ISSUE HELP NEEDED

I turned off my PC as normal and when I re-started it, the screen did not come on. Thinking it was the VGA cable to the monitor, I swapped it out for a HDMI cable but this didn't fix the problem. As I couldn't turn off the PC via the screen I had to use the power button which I had to hold down for 5 sec (and still do). Yesterday each time I tried to turn on the PC again it seemed to get stuck in a boot loop (every 10 sec or so. One of the system fans never turns on). Sometimes during the boot loop the UEFI BIOS screen flashed for a second but I couldn't interact with it and the screen quickly went again.

Today, the screen is still non-responsive but when I boot the PC sometimes it enters a boot loop and others it doesn't (fans come on but no screen).

My PC is a custom build and here are the specs:

CPU:
Intel i5-4460
MoBo:
Gigabyte GA-H97-DH3, LA1150 ATX
PSU:
EVGA 650B, Bronze
GPU:
Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X OC
RAM:
2x4GB G. Skill kit RipJaws-X PC3-12800U CL9
HDD:
WD Blue 1TB 6Gb/s
SSD:
Samsung SSD 850 EVO SATA 6Gb/s 120GB
Samsung SSD 1TB
CPU FAN:
Cooler master Hyper 212 EVO

I have checked MOBO connections and have re-installed the graphics card. I'm speculating that it could be the CMOS battery/need to clear CMOS but am not sure at all about this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
Hey, just to update and for anyone else who comes across this thread, I brought it to a repair shop and was told that it's an issue with the motherboard, and to repair would essentially be the same cost as buying a new motherboard (which I am now going to do). I was also thinking of upgrading the CPU to an i7/getting 4-8GB more RAM. For the motherboard I was looking at the Gigabyte Z390 UD, any opinions? My biggest concern with upgrading parts is the CPU and cooling Fans
if you are going with that mobo you need a i7 9700k or 9700kf,i really like your ideas of upgrading,would also suggest 16gb of ram (choose the ram speed your self cuz it doesnt matter that much to intel).Are your cooling concerns about the cooling of the...

ProbePC

Honorable
Jul 13, 2015
clear CMOS,If you have any psu cable extensions remove them and see if it works,try plugging the display cable into the motherboard.I u have any spare parts like a gpu or psu try them and see aht happens.Keep me updated
Thanks for response, I cleared CMOS, removed my GPU and plugged the VGA directly into the motherboard, but no luck. I even replaced the CMOS battery but still not working.. I unfortunately have no spare parts to test with.
While I can't speak Hindi, this video seems very similar to the issue I am having:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAozAJa5MYc
. Always on the second boot loop I get the exact same "GIGABYTE - UEFI DualBIOS" blue screen as in that video at 0:52 .
I've also come across this forum which seems to accurately describe my problem: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...-blue-screen-then-reboots-constantly.2467335/
However I tried the fix by post #17 and it didn't work. There's also answer #18 but I personally wouldn't trust myself to try it. Any other ideas? Will try and contact a repair shop over the next few days either

Thanks for response, I cleared CMOS, removed my GPU and plugged the VGA directly into the motherboard, but no luck. I even replaced the CMOS battery but still not working.. I unfortunately have no spare parts to test with.
While I can't speak Hindi, this video seems very similar to the issue I am having:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAozAJa5MYc
. Always on the second boot loop I get the exact same "GIGABYTE - UEFI DualBIOS" blue screen as in that video at 0:52 .
I've also come across this forum which seems to accurately describe my problem: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...-blue-screen-then-reboots-constantly.2467335/
However I tried the fix by post #17 and it didn't work. There's also answer #18 but I personally wouldn't trust myself to try it. Any other ideas? Will try and contact a repair shop over the next few days either
if you dont trust yourself dont try it,cuz something bad can happen.I would suggest the same thing you did,contact a repair shop.

ProbePC

Honorable
Jul 13, 2015
if you dont trust yourself dont try it,cuz something bad can happen.I would suggest the same thing you did,contact a repair shop.
Hey, just to update and for anyone else who comes across this thread, I brought it to a repair shop and was told that it's an issue with the motherboard, and to repair would essentially be the same cost as buying a new motherboard (which I am now going to do). I was also thinking of upgrading the CPU to an i7/getting 4-8GB more RAM. For the motherboard I was looking at the Gigabyte Z390 UD, any opinions? My biggest concern with upgrading parts is the CPU and cooling Fans

if you are going with that mobo you need a i7 9700k or 9700kf,i really like your ideas of upgrading,would also suggest 16gb of ram (choose the ram speed your self cuz it doesnt matter that much to intel).Are your cooling concerns about the cooling of the motherboard it self,or is it connectivity of the fans.I ussually go with this sentence:if it needs cooling it will already have a heatsink or a small cooler on it,if it doesnt need it it doesnt need it.

Solution