Question PC boot to BIOS with detected windows boot

Xavierol1

Reputable
May 1, 2020
Just tried to turn on my computer today, nothing has changed but now when I try to boot it takes me straight to BIOS even when it says my boot #1 is “Windows Boot Manager”. Have an assessment due in 24 hours so I really need to fix this, thanks for any help.
MSI motherboard, Click BIOS 5

Last edited:

rgd1101

Don't

so it keep crashing? could be the hdd failed.
how full was the ssd?

Xavierol1

Reputable
May 1, 2020

so it keep crashing? could be the hdd failed.
how full was the ssd?
It didn’t even try to boot to Windows, straight to BIOS, the SSD could’ve been reasonably full, I tend to try not to put much on it but I’m not totally sure. The SSD still shows up in the BIOS if that’s any help as well

Xavierol1

Reputable
May 1, 2020
In all honesty, if you really don't have time for troubleshooting, you should cut your losses and just reinstall your OS in order to get you back up and running.
Luckily my assignment got saved to my laptop too so that’s all good, if I did reinstall OS would my SSD be wiped?

Lutfij

Titan
Yes, it'd be a clean install. That's the suggestion I have for you considering your primary boot device is Windows Boot Manager and you're still being brought back to BIOS menu. Now that you're here, what is the make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for said motherboard?

Xavierol1

Reputable
May 1, 2020
Yes, it'd be a clean install. That's the suggestion I have for you considering your primary boot device is Windows Boot Manager and you're still being brought back to BIOS menu. Now that you're here, what is the make and model of your motherboard? BIOS version for said motherboard?
Z370 Gaming M5, BIOS version: E7B58IMS.100

Lutfij

Titan
other than turning my pc on and off repeatedly?
That is how I would've suggested you approach the likely culprit peripheral. Side note, do you have external storage connected to the platform during cold boot sequences?

Did you clear the CMOS after a successful BIOS flash?