[SOLVED] Pc boot up, turn off, then boot up again

Nov 30, 2021
Turn on power button > monitor and everything power up > for a split second all power shut off then turn on again > auto boot into bios > i cancel the bios and pc back to normal. This happen everytime i boot up my pc, whats happening?

Before this happen, i did open up the pc and clean it for a bit, is this related?

please help

Nov 30, 2021
Hi Skyvp96 (y) and Welcome to the Forum :)

You may just need a Bios and chipset update if this is a new build.
If this is RAM related that could explain things.
How did you go about cleaning the PC?
What are your full system specs?
i5-7400 CPU @3.00GHz
ASUSTek PRIME H270-PLUS REV X.0x
8GB RAM
GTX 1050ti
1TB HDD
hope this is enough, i dont know how to find the rest like PSU…
this is not a new pc, i have not touch this pc for 2 months. Today, i used a dry tissues to slightly wipe the bottom of the casing(while casing standing up right) and the front fan. I didnt touch GPU, CPU, PSU or anything. This is not the first time i clean it like this, but this is my first time encounter this problem.

I doubt it has anything to do with the simple wipe down unless you dislodged a cable or connection so check that carefully. Jiggle the 24pin cable connection.

Your system has a Motherboard speaker, at startup, does it give any beep codes apart from an initial single beep when you press the start button.

Test your RAM using Memtest86. This involves booting from a USB to check for RAM errors.

If you can access Bios then check the time and date settings incase the CMOS battery needs replacing. Whilst in Bios check that your storage device is recognized and in the correct boot order.

Please report back

Nov 30, 2021
I doubt it has anything to do with the simple wipe down unless you dislodged a cable or connection so check that carefully. Jiggle the 24pin cable connection.

Your system has a Motherboard speaker, at startup, does it give any beep codes apart from an initial single beep when you press the start button.

Test your RAM using Memtest86. This involves booting from a USB to check for RAM errors.

If you can access Bios then check the time and date settings incase the CMOS battery needs replacing. Whilst in Bios check that your storage device is recognized and in the correct boot order.

Please report back
Alright i will trying to see if there is any dislocated cable later, i need to backup my data first incase anything bad happen after i check for the dislocated cable

at first there was a ”pop” sound (not beep), but later i found out its from my speaker. So no beep sound from my mobo. I unplugged the speaker and its all silence.

Testing ram is kinda complicated so i will probably leave it as the last resort first…

date and time from where? If its home screen the date is fine. BUT inside the bios, it is wrong. Here is the picture of my bios View: https://imgur.com/a/ITBa0MY

I would say the issue is your Bios battery. A replacement is around $4 (CR2032) once you have it replaced reset your date and time in bios and you should be good to go. Don't forget to save and exit. The battery is a small disk type located central on the MB just below the PCIe slot.

Here is a vid for how to use Memtest86:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_xFNojChNA

Reactions: Skyvp96
Solution
Nov 30, 2021
I would say the issue is your Bios battery. A replacement is around $4 (CR2032) once you have it replaced reset your date and time in bios and you should be good to go. Don't forget to save and exit. The battery is a small disk type located central on the MB just below the PCIe slot.

Alright i will try to replace it see if it works tomorrow

Nov 30, 2021

Hey i couldnt replace the cmos myself so i took my pc to the shop and finally changed it. Also replaced my hdd with ssd. Its all good now, thanks for the help. Im just glad its not anything expensive that are failure