Question PC Booted fine now no post and blinking orange LED (B450-F)

Dec 6, 2019
Hey guys, I could really use some help. I bought a PC recently that was booting fine until one day I powered it off and then it stopped working, can't even get it to post. Things I've tried are re seating ram, trying each slot individually. Clearing CMOS via pins and taking out mobo battery. There was one time after a whole day of just doing the same thing, (switching ram slots and stuff) It managed to boot to bios. And after that I updated it to latest version (2901) Then it automatically restarted, and I'm stuck again at no post with flashing orange LED. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Specs:

Mobo: Asus Strix B450-F
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 3600MHZ x4 sticks 4GB each (CMW16GX4M2C3600OC18
CPU: Amd Rzyen 7 3700X
GPU: RTX 2080Ti
PSU: Corsair HX1000

Lutfij

Titan
When you removed the CMOS battery, did you have it out for at least 30 minutes? Might want to breadboard the system and relocate the system to another power output/wall socket. Might want to inspect and see if your case has all the necessary standoffs in the right locations and if they are causing a grounding issue on the board.

Reactions: Ainzz
Dec 6, 2019
Thank You, I will trt the CMOS battery thing and check my standoffs now. If nothing happen then I'll try breadboarding. Didnt want as I have a whole custom water loop cooling installed.

Dec 6, 2019
Hey, everythings out, and I'm testing just cpu/ram/mobo. And I still get the orange flash. When there's no ram plugged in, it stays a solid orange, no flash. I'm leaning towards it being the motherboard as when I managed to boot it into bios that 1 time, it detected my ram just fine.