[SOLVED] PC booting slow after restarting

Mar 24, 2020
I have a problem with my PC. When I click restart in Windows 10 my PC boots very slow (SSD), but when I use shutdown option and wait it's normal. Sometimes after restarting my fans starts being very loud and this stops after ~5 sec (I think GPU drivers can't load). It also happens when I shutdown pc and I didn't wait to start PC again.

Please help.

Solution
This could certainly be the issue. Try running your RAM at the default speed (1067 MHz is not supported with any of the QVL RAM) , but you may need to replace your RAM.
Your PC will always boot slower when you restart because restart disables fast startup (shouldn't be big difference though with a ssd). While it's unknown of this is also a GPU driver issue, follow the following link to reinstall the GPU drivers https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/ Further, you shouls also do a RAM test and or boot with one stick of RAM (if no difference switch RAM stick).

You also might want to clean out your PC case, especially the CPU heatsink and PSU intake, where dust can buildup and cause overheating.

Mar 24, 2020
Your PC will always boot slower when you restart because restart disables fast startup (shouldn't be big difference though with a ssd). While it's unknown of this is also a GPU driver issue, follow the following link to reinstall the GPU drivers https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/ Further, you shouls also do a RAM test and or boot with one stick of RAM (if no difference switch RAM stick).
I reinstalled GPU driver and not help. I'm not using XMP and my RAM running only in 1067 MHz instead of 3000 MHz. Can the problem be in this?

I don't know that anything is wrong.
Normally, a cpu cooler fan can spin up to max until it finds that max cooling is not needed.
The bios fan profiles are there to let you tune the cooling performance.

When you do a cold boot, windows needs to individually load the different components of the nucleus. This takes time.
Fast boot speeds up the process by writing an image to a drive at the completion of a cold boot.
Subsequently, fast boot reads the image of the drive into ram which is a faster process.

If I might make a suggestion it is to use sleep to ram. (no hibernate)
That puts the pc and monitor into a very low power state not much different from a shutdown.
This is a quick process and the wake time is equally fast.

I don't know that anything is wrong.
Normally, a cpu cooler fan can spin up to max until it finds that max cooling is not needed.
The bios fan profiles are there to let you tune the cooling performance.

When you do a cold boot, windows needs to individually load the different components of the nucleus. This takes time.
Fast boot speeds up the process by writing an image to a drive at the completion of a cold boot.
Subsequently, fast boot reads the image of the drive into ram which is a faster process.

If I might make a suggestion it is to use sleep to ram. (no hibernate)
That puts the pc and monitor into a very low power state not much different from a shutdown.
This is a quick process and the wake time is equally fast.
I agree, with the caveat that "Fast startup" leaves the image in RAM after a shutdown, creating a sudo hibernation state that continues to power the RAM to maintain the image data, so with a subsequent boot the data does not need to be loaded from the drive into the RAM, because it is already there. The term Fast Boot, usually defines a POST process where the the BIOS skips some POST checks to speed up the boot process.

When a Restart is done, Fast startup is disabled as a Restart is often used to change the system configuration, which can be mitigated using Fast startup, since the image of the systems files are not completely written onto the hard drive, so some changes can be lost. The OP might want to try disabling Fast Startup to see if the difference in boot speed is the same as he is experiencing. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html

Last edited: